Chapter 1~~ A New Home

Maria POV
Today I moved to the town of Macon Georgia. I had bought this nice little shack just outside of town, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here to find my mother and father. My real parents. They put me up for adoption right when I was born. I grew up in the city of Atlanta, Georgia, but I was born in a the small town of Benson, Minnesota, from what I read. The people who adopted me, changed my name, which was Georgia Kent, to Maria Lopez. I am looking for Loretta Kent and Mark Kent. Don't get me wrong, Juan and Martha were amazing parents, but I told them, one year ago, when I turned 25, that'd I'd being going to find them the day I turned 26. I turned 26 three weeks ago and left yesterday. I got here last night and slept in my truck. I got up this morning and I filled my truck with gas and tried to start it, nothing. Tried again, nothing. "Dammit! Just start" I tried again, but once again, nothing. I got out, kicked my car and walked into the gas station.

"Hello, welcome to the Kent market" someone behind the register said. This was the place I was looking for I bet.

"Hi, you wouldn't by chance know somewhere my truck could be fixed?"

"The Dixon's have a garage. Otherwise the owners of this store, their daughter's husband owns a shop in town"

"Ok. Otherwise, do you have parts her or at the shop?"

"Yea, do you know what you need?"

"I will, can I look at my truck outside?"

"Go ahead, miss?"

"My name is Georgia Kent, by the name I was given after adoption was Maria Lopez."

"My name is Greg. Nice to meet you Georgia" he smiled and i walked outside. I crawled under my truck to check if there was anything broke. I saw feet walking by, but then one pair stopped

"What are ye doing?" I heard the sound of a male's southern draw.

I crawled out "trying to figure out what's wrong with my truck. So far I've found a broken axle. I haven't checked under the hood. It won't start"

"My brother and I coud fix tha' for ye"

"I'll take you up on that if I can't​ figure what else is wrong with my truck"

"Is it out of gas?"

"No. I just filled it"

"Hmmm I'll have my brother check it"

"Ok. I'm guessing your one of the Dixons?"

He nodded and walked away.

I walked back into the store, wipping my hands on my pants. "Can't find anything but a broken axle. There's gotta be something off in the engine, but I only ever worked under the vehicle." I told Greg.

"Ok. Probably a good idea to bring it in. Hey, are you by chance related to the Kent's around these parts?"

"I know my birth parents are here, somewhere"

"Ok. Any plans while here in this town?"

"Just get a job and live."

"Oh. I can give you a ride home and call up the dixon's to pick up your truck"

"Thanks Greg"

"No need ta call" the Dixon I meet said "Merle and I will take it back to our place. We should have it done later today"

"Ok. Thank you"

He nodded and him and his brother walked out, then hooked up my truck to their's.

"Where do you live Georgia?"

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I handed him the paper with my address

"Next door to the dixon's. Good luck" he walked clocked out of work and closed the store. He lead me to his car and we hoped in. We drove to my new house.

"Here we are. They are working back there I bet" he pointed to a shed in the back of their house with lights on. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow I'm sure" he smiled. "Are your parents Loretta and Mark Kent?"

"I believe so"

"Well, you can talk to them tomorrow about a job. I won't tell them who you are."

"Thank you Greg"

"Anytime" I got out of the car and walked into my house. I turned on a light then walked upstairs then took a shower. I washed my hair then body and just stood there for 10 minutes in the heat. I got out and got dressed. I put my hair up in a pony tail then I heard a knock at the door. I walked down and opened the door.

"We finished your truck" the one Dixon said.

"Yea. A lot was wrong with it" the other said.

"Thank you both. It's an old truck, got it from some people" it was sent from Loretta and Mark on my 16th birthday.

"Anytime" one said. The other just nodded.

"I'm Georgia Kent. And you two are?"

"I'm Merle and this is my brother Daryl"

Daryl walked away "Merle, we better get home"

"Bye" he walked away and I shut the door.

"Well, it's definitely gonna be an experience here." I smiled to myself then went upstairs to sleep.

I've been laying here for awhile. I'm excited to meet my parents. I kept thinking about them 'til I went to sleep.