Chapter 10~~The CDC

It's been a few weeks. We found out Carley died, Larry and Lilly were left after trying to kill a few of us, lee, Kenny, and I, and all Doug is good for is attempting to hit on me. We are on our way to the CDC Labs, with a whole load of hope. I had a lot of doubt. Lee and them are talking about leaving, but duck, he's been bitten, Kenny thinks we can fix him. It's gonna be Jim, all over again.

"You think they have showers?" I asked Daryl "you could use one"

"Your in no better boat, but maybe. I'm not showering though"

"Yes you will" luckily Kenny, duck, and katija were in one vehicle and everyone else was in the Rv, carols car, or Shane's truck. Daryl and I had my truck to ourselves. "What if I shower with you? Will you shower then?"

"Depends. What'll happen"

"I'm going to scrub all the dirt and dried sweat off of you hair and back"

He glared "and let me guess, I just stand there and do nothing?"

"What else would you do"

"Something fun" he smirked

"If it's safe, maybe. And here I was thinking you were shy" I smiled and looked at him. He just glared at me and looked back at the road. "You love me"

"Some days"

"Every day"

"Yea" he laid his hand on my leg and I put my hand on top of his

"Your hands are huge compared to mine" my fingers reached right up to the middle set of knuckles.

"Your hand fits right in mine though" if you haven't caught on, I'm short, and I've got small hands.

"Your so weird" I looked ahead and saw it, the CDC "were almost here" I smiled.

"We are"

Everyone stopped and got out for their vehicles. Daryl and I got out last and we all grouped up.

"There's a lot of walkers" Glenn said

"No shit Sherlock" I replied.

"We just stay in the group, children in the middle. Walk up and try to get in" Rick said

"I ain't got a good feeling bout this place" lee said.

"Any better plan?"

"Go to savannah. There's boats there" Kenny said.

"What bout your son?" Rick asked

"We will deal with it!"

"It's time Kenny" katija said. He nodded

"We will be back. Lee come with us please. Just in case."

"Clem, honey, stay with Georgia and Daryl please" lee asked her and she came over by us. I knelt down by her and she hugged me as they walked away

"Is duck going to die?" I looked to Daryl and everyone for help

"I'm sorry Clem, but he is" I hugged her.

"That happens in this world" she said "he's not going to turn right?"

"I'm sure they will prevent that" I stood up with her, picking her up, and we waited. We heard two gunshots then lee and Kenny came back. I set down Clem and she runs to Kenny, hugging him then lee

I looked at lee and he shook his head. Everyone walked up to some giant metal doors and rick was saying a bunch of stuff. He started yelling, which was attracting walkers.

"Rick your attracting walkers" Daryl said.

"Your killing us by leaving us out here!"

"Let's just go rick!" I said.

"Our blood is on your hands!" We started to walked away when the the doors opened and we stepped in.

There was a man holding a gun. "Anyone infected?"

"No" rick said.

"Get your things. When these doors shut, they stay shut" we ran and got our stuff. Then ran back in. He closes the doors "admission is some of your blood"

"We already stated that we ain't infected" Daryl said

"Alright. I'm rick grimes. You are?" Rick said.

"Dr Edwin Jenner"

"You got a deal, Dr Jenner"

We all walked to an elevator and walked into it. We started going down. "Are we going underground?" Carol and I asked

"Yes. You two claustrophobic?"

"Yes" Carol replied

"A little" I replied.

"Ok"

I wrapped my hand in Daryl's. He looked down at me then leaned down and whispered in my ear "you alright?"

"I'll explain later" I whispered back.

He nodded. We came to the bottom and Jenner took us one by one to the other room.

After everyone was done, it was just me and Daryl. He called both of us in at once, he had been calling every kid in with an adult... he must think I'm a child. Daryl got done with his blood and I couldn't look, due to needles. I sat down, then I saw the needle.

"Scared of needles?"

"Deathly"

"Close your eyes"

"That won't help"

He looked at Daryl "want to squeeze his hand"

"A little" Daryl held out his hand and I grabbed onto it. Then there was the pinch of the needle going through my skin. I screamed in pain/fear, and I squeezed Daryl's hand.

"All done" I stood up and got light headed "do you want to have a sucker like the other kids?"

My eyes light up and I nodded. He handed me a sucker. I smiled "thank you dr Jenner"

Daryl looked confused then we walked out "your not a child"

"Joys of being my height. I'm the average height of a 13 year old" I smiled and put the sucker back in my mouth. "It's a really good sucker" I looked up at him.

"You use your height to an advantage, don't you?" I smiled

"Yep! Considering I stand at about 3/4 the way up your arm. I can hide amazingly, I used to be the hide and seek champ in middle school" I smiled and held the sucker out to him "do you want to try it?"

He licked the sucker and gagged "gross"

"Your crazy" I put the sucker back in my mouth as he looked down at me. "Don't look at me like that"

"Like what?" He smirked

"God. That look. Makes me want you so much more"

I smiled and we walked into the room everyone was in.