Chapter 3~~Meeting Daryl

Georgia pov
Today I was driving to work for my first day. I got there and smiled. I had my uniform already because Greg had put them in my truck without my knowledge.

"Hello Georgia" Greg said.

"Hello"

"So today, you're stocking shelves"

"Ok" 

After it had been a few hours, it was now 6 at night and we were closing up shop. I walked to my truck and hopped in then drove home.

I went into the house and got together my sweatpants and a t-shirt. I went into the bathroom and showered then when I got out, I grabbed a couple blankets and crawled into my old truck. I made a bed on the seats then took one blanket and walked to my stairs. I sat on them and stared at the sun set.

"'ello"

"Hi. Daryl, right?"

"Yep. Could I sit?"

"Sure." I scoot over and give him space.

"Thanks. Say, why did ye bring ye blankets into the truck? Don't ye have a bed?"

"I do have a bed. But I'm gonna sleep in my truck"

"Sounds fun"

"It will be. I think my truck is more comfortable than my bed"

"So why are ye sitting out this late anyway? Don't ye have work?"

"I do but I love staring at the stars. There's more out here then in the city"

"Yea. There's less lights"

"Yep. Do you ever stare at the stars?"

"Once in a while"

"Oh, cool" I smiled at him and he just smirked.

"Well, 'm gonna let ye sleep"

"Ok" he left so I climbed into the truck and went to sleep. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were a lot like Monday, but Friday was different.

"Maria Lopez, please come to my office immediately" Loretta said over the speakers in the store. I went to her office. "Hello Georgia, sit down please"

I sat down and looked at her. "You're probably wondering why I called you in here, right?"

"Yes ma'am" I replied.

"Your doing great at your job, and I want to put you in Greg's position at some point, but I have a question for you"

"Ok"

"When were you gonna tell me you were the daughter I gave up?"

"When I got to know you and mark better. Mark told me he found out yesterday. He peiced together the peices with my truck having been the only thing I got from my birth parents and some other things I said I'm sure"

"Yep. I looked up your previous work and you have had a great past in what we're doing here, but I noticed that with each one, after you turned 17, we're under the name Georgia Kent. There was one where you were under Maria Kent too. How many jobs did you have?"

"I had four so I had money. All those jobs are Because of get fired from a job and get another"

"Got fired a lot?"

"Yes. My main job, at Walmart, wouldn't let me leave tell I finished my line. So I got fired a few times"

"Hmmm. And it's only because of that?"

"That and I took on too many jobs"

"Oh. So how hard was life in the city?"

"Not really hard. Other then the aspect of I was working tell midnight on a school night. Couldnt always get homework done so I had to quit my jobs"