Chapter 23~~saving Glenn and Maggie, but losing him

I know I make spelling errors. Correct them if wrong. Thank you.

Daryl POV
Kenny, Oscar, lee, rick, Michonne, myself, and Mike were in the car. We were all driving to Woodbury. Georgia wanted to come with, but I told her to stay with our son. As we rolled closer, we hid the car. We slipped in through the back and entered a building.

"Hey! I see you in there! It's past curfew" he said towards us. We didn't answer or move. "That's it. I'm coming in" he came in and we got him down, zip tying his hands and feet together, along with gagging him. Michonne lead us to a room under what is apparently the 'governor's' house. Here we heard talking.

Rick slowly pulled out a smoke bomb. Then threw it into the room. We ran in there and grabbed Glenn and Maggie.

Maggie was now wearing his shirt and Glenn was shirtless. I'm guessing something bad happened. We started to fight our way out, with smoke bombs and lots of fire power. Everyone started running for the bus, just to get over the fence.

I stopped "I'll hold them back. You guys go"

Rick nodded. I started to shot around, helping clear their path. Then I had a gun held to me head. "Long time, little brother" and I got hit.

Georgia POV
It's been about 3 hours. I finally hear the car pull up. I run out. I find Glenn, Maggie, lee, Kenny, Michonne, and rick

"Where is he?" I ask rick.

"He said he would cover us. He stayed behind"

I started to run towards the gate "I need to go get him..." lee blocked me off.

"Georgia, you can't go in danger if yourself. He wouldn't want that" lee said.

"I know.." I turned to rick "I'm going with to save him. You won't stop me"

"Alright. Fine. Glenn, Maggie? You two want to stay here"

"Sure." Maggie said "and Georgia, if you don't mind, I can take care of Merle tell you get back"

I nodded "thank you"

"You got your weapons?"

I looked at him "when don't I?"

"True. Let's go." We left.

~after getting into the walls~

We heard cheering. That's where we went. Guess what we found there? Daryl and Merle, being forced to fight.

"On my signal" rick said. We all moved to places to be able to shot and cover Daryl when he ran over here. After a little bit, they started to team up, started taking down walkers. "Throw the smoke bombs"

Four smoke bombs were thrown. We started shooting. Walkers getting hit, a few people, and a spotting, of Andrea. That bitch. Daryl and Merle ran over here and we all took off to the car.

~after driving halfway~

We stopped. We are only half way home. Rick said it's important. We all stepped out.

"Daryl, we can't take him with us"

"Hell if you can't!"

"Daryl-" i started but he cut me off

"You have no room to speak women! I told you not to come!"

"I was just going to say I don't care what happens, as long as your happy.... and there for your son" I looked at him "that's why I'm here"

"It's either both of us or neither of us!" Daryl looked at rick.

"What about your son?" Rick looked at him.

"The real Merle Dixon is here! So what the kid doesn't have a father around!" I looked down after he said that. That hurt... a lot more then I wanted to admit.

"How bout Georgia? You know, the women who would risk her life to make sure you are safe"

"Screw her! If my brother can't come with I'm not going back to the prison!"

I walked up to him, pulled the ring of my finger, placed it in his hand, then punched him. "Am I fucking invisible?! Am I nothing to you?! Was I just a toy!"

"Georgia, darlin, that's-"

"Shut up! I don't want to hear it. If I have to I will walk back to the prison, and take care of our son on my own!" I hit him again then stormed over to the car, slamming my door behind me. I watched out the rear-view mirror. After a little bit, I watched as Daryl and Merle walked away into the forest. Everyone soon climbed into the car.

"Hey, you want to talk about it anytime, I'm sure anyone would want to talk to you Georgia" rick said to me.

"Not now. Please" I turned away from everyone, whipping me tears away.

Daryl POV
"You and the neighbor had a kid?"

"Yea. We named him after you, we thought you were dead or that we were never going to see you again"

"Anything else I should know?"

"A lot of people have died since you left."

"Ok, so why doesn't the baby have both last names? It's not like you tied your self down to Georgia Kent"

I opened my hand and looked at her ring, then I put it in my pocket "I did. Can you just shut up now. Stop asking damn questions"

"One more. What's it like knowing you now abandoned you kid like dad did"

"I'm not answering" honestly I didn't know. My feelings were all mixed up. Then I heard a baby crying.

"We gotta help them"

"It's just some animals getting freaky"

"That's a damn baby" I followed the sound. We ended up on a bridge so I started to killed the walkers I saw. Then I saw one crawling through the back on the car the mother and baby were in. I grabbed its feet and pulled it back. I then used the back door to crush its head. We then walked off.

"You going soft baby brother?"

"No. But I'm going back. To my family"

"Your blood is right here"

"I have family there better then you" I took off towards the prison. I knew Merle was following, I could hear him. I got to the edge of the forest. I saw rick, getting attacked by a walker. I shot a bolt into its head. Merle and I ran up and killed the remaining ones around him then we followed him up to the prison.