Chapter 21~~the ring and the ex

Daryl and everyone was out, clearing out some hallways, so I decided to walk around. I walked up to Lori

"Think this place will fall?"

"Not for awhile"

"I like it here. We could have a good group"

"You know, I was wondering, have you ever thought about finding rings for you and daryl? To show your together, become married in a way?"

"I have. I'm still trying to convince him for the baby not to have the last name Kent-Dixon. He keeps refusing. Why'd you ask?"

"Just wondering. How would you react if he did try to propose and none of this had happened?"

"Even though this has happened, I'd like it if we could seal the deal, it's just, I don't need a ring or anything to know he loves me. If he ever did that, and none o this happened? Well I'd be very happy and I'd probably start crying, and then say yes"

"Heya Georgia?"

"Yea?"

"I think Daryl just heard everything you said" she pointed at the doorway, where he stood.

"Um... you didn't hear anything?" I looked at him.

"Heard the last question and your answer" he answer. My face heated up and I covered it with my hands. "No need to get flustered"

"That was girl talk. I thought I could speak freely without you hearing"

"Well, it's my fault. I asked the question" Lori said

"It's alright Lori. Not your fault. I'm just going to talk to Daryl" she nodded and I stood up, then kinda walked/hobbled over to Daryl. We walked outside.

"Were you telling the truth about sealing the deal?"

"Yea...." then I looked at him "but I don't need anything, like a ring or anything. I just need to know you love me"

He smirked "well if I ever did decide to seal the deal and get you a ring, I'd ask the person you consider a father figure, then I'd find you the best ring I could find while on a run, I'd take you out to the field, and just causally place the ring in your hand"

I smiled "have you had this planned or did you come up with it just now?"

"Awhile"

"Well my father figure is hershel"

"I will have to ask him one day"

I hugged Daryl "you don't have to"

"I want to" he winked then leaned and whispered in my ear "I want you to be mine, and only mine"

"O-ok" I stuttered. "So would now be a good time to, um, ask if our son, or daughter, can be a Dixon?"

"Georgia-"

"Dar I don't want him to be called Lopez or Kent. I want him to be called Dixon."

"Is that truly what you want?"

"Please Daryl?"

"Fine, but only if you'll call yourself Georgia Dixon" he grabbed me hand and placed something in it.

"You didn't?" I opened my hand... a ring. "Where?"

"Remember my run a week ago?"

"Yea? You went and found it?"

"Yea. So what do you say Georgia Kent?"

"It's Georgia Dixon now, dar" I smiled. "We should probably head inside"