Chapter 5~~ Atlanta Is NOT Safe

Just a little authors note before the chapter. I'm so sorry about updating slow just been busy hanging out with friends and stuff since school's out.

Anyway, the story isn't gonna follow much of the storyline for the show.

Along with I'm don't trying to try and type out words to seem like Daryl talking with his southern accent so you add that in if you want.

Now let's get into the story

~squirrel

Georgia POV
We were driving outside the city when Daryl and Merle stopped. Daryl got out and walked back by my window, which I rolled down.

"See those lights?" He pointed towards the city

"Yea. The explosions. It's not safe there maybe it's over run?"

"Got to be. Anyway, Merle's gonna take my truck and drive see if he can find any other people. I'm getting in here with you" he opened my door "get in the passenger seat"

"Yes daryl" I slide over into the passenger seat and he hops into the truck.

"Nice truck you got here darlin"

"Thanks. Hasn't broke down yet" I smiled. Then I saw a camp being made up a hill a little distance away. And pointed "Daryl, there's a group there"

He nodded and drove us that way

"Hello" an older man said "coming from the city?"

"Headin into it"

"It's over run"

"Oh... Can we be part of your camp?"

"Yes"

"We have one more man. He's on his way"

"Ok" we drove into camp after they stopped talking. We stopped and this man, whom we learned is named Dale, told us to set up a tent.

"Do you have a tent Dixon?" I asked daryl.

"No darlin. Was planning on sleeping in my truck."

"You and Merle take my tent. I'll sleep ion the bed of my truck"

"You keep your tent. Maybe Merle found one. Or he can sleep in the truck on his own and I can share a tent with you" he smirked the Dixon smirk.

"I'm down for that" I smirked back. "You get to help me set up the tent then"

"I'll set it up. You socialize"

"Finnnneeeeeeeee dixon. You can probably set a tent up better then I any way"

~a few hours later~

"Want to go hunting?" Daryl asked

"Yea. Can you teach me how to shoot a crossbow while we're out there?"

"Yea. Let's go"

I followed Daryl into the woods and we watched for animals and walkers, which from what we've heard, there hasn't been many. We saw a deer and Daryl held out the crossbow to me. I held it, but Daryl stood behind me and positioned my arms and hands right. He helped me aim and he whispered in my ear

"Whenever you're ready, pull the trigger, like a gun. Aim threw the sight. I'll be standing right her, holding you steady"

I nodded and watched the deer, then pulled the trigger. There was a bit of a kick and the deer took off.

"Good job" he walked to where the deer was "you hit it"

I smiled "blood trail?"

"Yea. A pretty good amount. Most likely gonna die"