02. Zayn

Chapter 2

N I A L L

I drum my fingers anxiously on my lap, watching the outside world zoom past. I sigh softly under my breath. Why did I even agree to do this in the first place again? Right, because the guy I'm so in love with asked me to. I might as well become his puppet.

"Stop being so nervous, Niall." Harry's deep voice sounds out casually as he makes a turn. I sigh, glancing at him to see his eyebrows furrowed, deeply focused on the road.

"How can I not? I hate social interaction." I grumble under my breath and Harry releases a breathy chuckle.

"You interacted with me when we first met." He gives me a little smirk and I chuckle softly, my insides tingling a little at the reminder.

"You intrigued me, Harold. No one in the right mind says Titanic out of no where as a conversation starter." I say and he chuckles, making me smile slightly. And also because I found you so bloody attractive.

"I was trying to break the ice!" He defends himself and I roll my eyes with a fond smile on my face.

"Hey, how much does a polar bear weigh?" I ask randomly and his smile widens. I know Harry loves jokes. Bad ones at that.

"I don't know, how much?" He asks excitedly.

"Enough to break the ice. Hi, I'm Niall." I say proudly and Harry releases a chuckle, glancing over at me.

"I've rubbed off on you. That may almost be just as good as my titanic conversation starter." He smirks and shoots me a wink. Good lord, what's he trying to do to me?

"Anyway, how'd you know this Zayn guy?" I ask, changing the topic.

"Oh he works with me." He replies and I raise an eyebrow.

"At the bar?" I clarify and he nods.

"Have I seen him before?" I ask once more and Harry shakes his head.

"I doubt so, he's relatively new there, only been working for about three weeks or so." And I nod with a small frown on my face, because it just shows how long I haven't hung out properly with Harry. We usually just hang out in the bar he works at since he usually ends his shift at 1 in the morning, and I would head over there after my gigs with Louis just to chat, but recently I haven't been able to do that, just because Harry always leaves work earlier than usual for Chelsea. And the only days that he's free are Sundays, like today, but again, he's usually not free. And who else can it be because of? Yeah, Chelsea.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chelsea like a sister, and I know that she's everything that Harry sees, breathes, basically she's Harry's everything. She's always Harry's first priority in anything and everything and I get that. I understand that. But I just really miss Harry, and sad to say, I can tell that we're drifting apart, and it's breaking me.

And the fact that Harry and Chelsea came over to my place today, on a Sunday, I was so glad. At first. Just because I thought I could finally spend some time with Harry, and it didn't really matter to me that Chelsea was there as well, I just wanted to spend some time with my best friend. But instead, they came to my place, just to send me off on some stupid date.

He suddenly turns down the volume of his stereo, and I turn to him in confusion.

"Is everything alright Niall? I've been noticing you becoming a little distant from all of us." He says and I can't help but to gape at him.

I'm the one that's distancing myself away from them? Harry and Chelsea are just constantly too cooped up in their own world that they don't have time for me or Louis. And he's telling me that I'm the one that's drifting away?