43. Celebratory Cheers & Cheshire

N I A L L

"Cheers!!" We clink our glasses and bottles together before throwing our heads back as we down our drinks.

"Oo, by the way, congratulations on your job offer by the way, Ni. Exciting news ain't it?" El says, giving me a lazy smile. I nod, grinning widely.

"Yeah, definitely. Crazy crazy thing to have happened." I gush.

"Birthday boy is here!" Louis hollers, a slight slur behind his words while he bursts out of the bathroom of the club. I chuckle at his enthusiasm, shaking my head in amusement and resting an arm on the back of the booth around Harry.

Thankfully, Carl was nice enough to close the bar and give us three off days before and after Christmas to visit our own families and all.

"Your birthday's not till tomorrow." I point out and he rolls his eyes, making himself comfortable beside El in the seats opposite us.

"Oh don't be such a wet blanket, lil shit." He says, causing me to chuckle, already knowing that he would call me out for it.

"When're you leaving for Donny?" I ask Louis, taking a gulp of my beer.

"I leave tomorrow morning. Or afternoon. I'm not sure, I'll just need to reach back home for dinner." He tells me, and I nod.

"What about you?" He asks and I glance over at Harry for a second.

"I'm heading back to Harry's." I tell him and he seems surprised for a second before nodding.

"Nice. Your parents are okay with it?" He asks, rather carefully. I shrug nonchalantly, taking another swig of beer.

"I don't know. I didn't tell them." Louis parts his lips to say something but I interrupt him.

"They didn't tell me the last time, why should I do it now?" I state, and I feel Harry's hand giving my thigh a little rub.

Louis nods in understanding. I can tell he wants to push it, but I know he's not willing to spoil all our fun. I wouldn't want to either. My parents is the last thing I want to talk about to ruin a night of fun- a night where we're meant to just let go, celebrate Louis and I's new job, plus, a pre celebration for Louis birthday.

"Anyway, let's just go have some fun." Louis cheers, pushing back the topic of my parents. "Let's go dance." He says before quickly climbing out of the booth, with El following right behind.

"Let's go Ni." She says, giving me a slightly sympathetic smile.

"You guys go ahead. I think I'd need a little bit of alcohol in my system before I dance." I tell her with a small chuckle. She smiles kindly before nodding.

I turn my attention to Harry, to see him deep in thoughts.

"What's up?" I ask, digging my elbows into his sides slightly.

"Remember that one night, before you started your first day of work at the bar?" He asks and I furrow my eyebrow in thought.

"I can't even remember what we had for dinner last night, H, let alone something that was like what, two months ago?" I chuckle softly.

"I know, I know. But you were performing your last gig and Zayn was there, I was there and I had to bring you home. Ring a bell?" He urges.

"Ermm.. I think so, why?" I ask.

"You said something about not being truly happy. Why's that?" He asks. Oh now I remember. And then I made Harry lie in bed with me and I mentioned that now I was truly happy. I remembered being so embarrassed after that.