19. Utter dickhead

Sorry in advance for the rather short chapter so here's a cute narry gif for you guys xx (just look at Niall's face oml I'm sweatin)

L O U I S
(a/n: yes, louis ;))

I slowly creak open the door to our flat, creeping in. I was about to head towards my room when a loud cry scared the crap out of me. It's the middle of the night, who wouldn't have a fright of their life when you hear a loud cry.

That's when I realise who the cry belongs to. Niall. I turn to the clock. It's only slightly past midnight, shouldn't he be at work?

I make my way over to his room, gently knocking on his door.

"Niall?" I call out tentatively. Nothing. Just loud violent sobs. I gulp, tentatively pushing open his door.

My heart breaks as I see my best friend's shaking body, seated at the foot of his bed, his knees propped up, elbows perched on them as he buries his head in his hands.

I take a seat beside him on the floor, wrapping my arm around his shaking body. He releases another loud sob, leaning his head on my shoulder as he continues his uncontrollable sobbing.

I gently pat his shoulder, letting him cry and let everything out. I think I may have a good idea of what's making him cry so horribly, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions.

His sobs soon simmer down to just loud hiccups. I gently pull him away from me, moving to sit in front of him instead, wiping away his still leaking tears.

"Lou, I-" he releases a loud hiccup. "Zayn-" another hiccup. And my assumptions were right. He spoke to Zayn. But it can't be that bad... Right? The last time I saw Niall cry this horribly was when Harry bailed on him for Chelsea for like.. the hundredth time.

"H-Harry and I kissed, Lou." He cries out. "Twice." His voice is hoarse, cracked and scratchy, probably from crying for who knows how long. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. For one, they kissed. Two, most probably when Niall was still with Zayn. Three, they kissed. Again. Niall would obviously be more than happy to kiss Harry. But Harry kissed him back. What the hell?

"That's not the worse." He whispers, looking down in shame and guilt washes over his features.

"We had sex. Today. This afternoon." This time, I couldn't hold back the gasp escaping my lips.

"You what?!" I accidentally blurt out (more like screech out) a bit too loudly, clamping my lips shut when I realise how loud I was. He simply nods.