21. Is that why?

Thank you for your nice comments on the last chapter, y'all are such amazing and nice beings it makes my little heart so happy hahaha xxxxx

H A R R Y

I tap my feet anxiously on the laminated tiles, pacing up and down outside the door. My breathing starts to become rapid and shallow and my mind starts to form with regrets. But I can't turn back now. I need to do this.

I take a deep breath, hesitantly raising a fist, clenching my fingers a little tighter, before giving the wooden door a few hard knocks. I've finally gotten the courage to come all the way here after two freaking weeks. I can't chicken out now.

Two weeks of not speaking to anybody, not Niall, not Louis, not Liam, not Chelsea, and definitely not Zayn. Two weeks to my own thoughts, two weeks of feeling nothing but emptiness. And it's killing me.

These two weeks have been absolute hell. I felt like I was trapped in my own thoughts and mind, having the same contradicting, confusing thoughts running throughout my empty mind, having my subconscious scream at me, the guilt washing over me, it was so crazy annoying. I think if I stayed alone with my thoughts any longer I might just go bonkers. I just needed... I needed answers. I needed answers on how I feel, on why I'm feeling this way.. I just need answers. But the thing is, there's really no answer to that, there's no answer to why I'm feeling this way. But I just need to know.

Even after speaking to Chelsea, on the night that Niall blew up in my face-which I deserved, I didn't even get the answers that I needed.

I was hoping I would get the answers from Chelsea. I thought meeting up with her and talking things through, about us, would answer my burning questions. But it didn't, if anything, it made me even more confuse.

And now I don't even know of my feelings for-

"Harry?" His voice calls out, interrupting my mess of inner turmoil.

I snap my head up towards the sound of the voice, my racing heart rate dropping drastically.

"Hi Lou. Do you have some time to spare?" I ask softly, my voice almost sounding foreign to me. After keeping to myself for two whole weeks, not speaking to anyone, my own voice sounds weird coming out from my mouth.

"Yeah," he breathes out, opening the door wider for me. "Come in." He gestures and I crack a small smile in appreciation, stepping into the flat.

"Niall isn't here?" I ask in a small voice when he closes the door. He shakes his head, leading me towards the couch.

"He's at work. Shouldn't you be at it too?" He asks and I shoot him a guilty look.