05. Jobs and good memories

Chapter 05

N I A L L

My nose burns and my eyes sting as I feel my tears building up at the corner of my eyes.

I swing the wooden door to the bar open, customers look at me like I'm crazy, but I didn't give them a second glance. My eyes are trained on Harry who is working behind the bar. He's talking to Chelsea who's seated on the high stool opposite him, with a wide, loving smile on his face.

His eyes glance towards me before he does a double take, smiling widely when he notices me. My vision soon starts to get blurry the longer I stare at him, and the tears that were building up were finally released, streaming down my face and the salty droplets drip off from my chin.

Harry notices this and his smile drops, immediately jogs across the bar, leaving Chelsea who's staring weirdly at him before coming out from the side and strides towards me.

"Niall? What happened love?" Another British accent snaps me out of my stare on Harry and I turn to face the sound of the voice. Zayn.

The muscles on my chin tremble and my lips wobble, as I stare into his bright hazel eyes which are filled with so much concern and worry. He gently cups my cheeks, wiping away my tears.

His lips part and he was about to take a step towards me when Chelsea comes up beside him, grasping his hand. He looks down at her and she shakes her head slowly. I release a strangled sob at that, before burying my head back into Zayn's chest and hugging him tighter.

"Styles, why the hell are you out from the bar? Customers are waiting for their drinks

"Styles, why the hell are you out from the bar? Customers are waiting for their drinks." I hear Carl scold, but I didn't bother looking up.

Zayn gently rocks my body back and forth, rubbing my back up and down soothingly. I inhale a shaky breath, letting Zayn's heavenly scent invade my senses, calming me down drastically.

"C'mere love." Zayn whispers into my ear after I've calmed down slightly. He pulls out of the hug slowly, before intertwining our fingers and taking me to the bar. I keep my gaze away from Harry's just because I know I'd break out into a cry once I see him again.

"Take a seat. I'll go grab a drink for you yeah?" He says warmly, before kissing my temple lovingly and I smile weakly, nodding.

"Niall.." A soothing voice calls, before they gently touch my shoulder.

"What's wrong, love?"

"Chels," I croak out, biting my lip as I contemplate on telling her what happened because I know she would just tell Harry what happened, and I don't really want that. She looks at me carefully, silently reassuring me.