45. New Years

N I A L L

Christmas with my family, surprisingly, went really well. I managed to catch a flight back to Mullingar to see my parents and Greg. Plus Denise and little Theo, Greg's family.

Harry's family was pretty upset that I was leaving so soon, but they obviously understood that I was heading back to see my family.

My parents actually made an effort to try to make up for lost time between all of us. Which really, was all I could ask for.

We caught up on so much. I told them about how I got offered a job as a song writer, which they were all so elated about. And then they told me about how dad's company almost went bankrupt once, which explained the lack of time spent at home, which now, I completely understand. They didn't want me to worry either.

And then little Theo was being such a sweetheart the entire time and entertaining us all.

I gotta admit that it was pretty awkward at first, but Greg had to go bring up some stupid childhood story, and that simple thing has gotten all of us laughing and bonding once again. I even shed a tear when we were all just sitting around and simply talking about wine versus beer. It was just so heartwarming to bond with them once again, is all I can really say.

And today, It's New Years- well, Eve, soon to be New Years. And god damn, was it busy as hell; and this was how we're celebrating it- working, while the customers are out here partying. I guess I can't complain, our pay will shooting up today.

"Niall, table 12."

"Niall, table 8."

"Horan, table 11."

"Baby, table 3 please."

Was all I heard this entire night, and it's low key driving me nuts.

Loud music is blasting all over the bar, loud chatters amongst groups of friends, some people are already tipsy and are getting rather rowdy in the bar and I honestly can't be arsed to entertain them.

Liam and Zayn's bar is closed today- lucky bastards. Did I mention that they're fine now? Which means that they are here with Louis and Eleanor, seated at the back booth.

Thankfully, it's nearing to midnight, three minutes to be exact, which means the customers are less likely to order anymore drinks since they already have their drinks with them.

"God, I'm beat." I groan, slamming the tray down on the table, leaning on the counter opposite Harry. He gives me a little smirk, hanging up a rag on the drying rack.

"Come with me." He says, and my eyes widen at his words.

"Are you crazy, Harry? Look at how busy the bar is." I point out. He chuckles softly before looking down at his watch.

"Hurry. Just follow, if not we won't have much time." He rushes out, before coming out of the bar, nodding his head towards the backroom.

I glance over at the crowd, thankful to see that they're all lost in their own little worlds and Carl is busy entertaining some customers.

I take a quick jog over to the backroom, looking around for Harry until a strong tug on my right hand snaps me out of my daze.