07. Spilled drinks

chapter 7

chapter 7

H A R R Y

"The first song which we'll be performing, is one that we wrote together a couple of years back, this is A.M. Hope you guys like it." Niall speaks shyly into the microphone. His eyes land on mine and I give him a wide, reassuring smile, to which returns one.

"Won't you stay 'til the A.M.? All my favourite conversations, always made in the A.M. , yeah yeah." Niall starts slowly with a nervous smile. He sounds really good.

"Feels like this could be forever tonight. Break these clocks, forget about time. There could be a World War 3 goin' on outside. You and me were raised in the same part of town. Got these scars on the same ground. Remember how we used to kick around just wasting time?" He sings it so beautifully, his eyes shining with a glint, a wide smile on his face. His smile so bright and joyous, I can't help but to smile along as well. 

"Won't you stay 'til the A

"Won't you stay 'til the A.M.? All my favourite conversations, always made in the A.M. Cause we don't know what we're saying. We're just swimming round in our glasses, and talking out of our asses like we're all gonna make it, yeah, yeah." Louis and Niall sing together with huge smiles on their faces. The crowd start to get in the mood of the song, swaying and moving to the beat. And I can tell how happy it makes them. Especially Niall. Whenever he's beaming with happiness, you just can't help but to smile at that. That's just Niall for you, he's such a darling when it comes to spreading joy to everyone around him.

The more I hear the song, the more I start to realise what it's about. Niall, Louis and I were a reckless bunch back in college. We would sit in my room and talk up till the wee hours of the morning, not really caring that we had 9am classes the next day. I smile a little at that memory, a sense of nostalgia rushing over me. How Louis would talk about his girl problems, Niall would talk about his, guy problems in Niall's case, and I would talk about mine. We spilled our guts to each other, all our secrets, our troubles, they were all shared and locked safely between the three of us, and nothing's ever gonna change that, even if it's ten years down the road, it's never gonna change. And the thing is, sometimes it's only between Niall and I. Like I said before, Niall and I are just much closer than we are with Lou. He's our best friend no doubt, we're all practically brothers, but somehow Niall and I just click better. Maybe it's because I'm closer to age with him than with Louis. But even then, all three of us have been inseparable back in college.