24. Back to normal

Super short filler xx

H A R R Y

"It's up to you whether you want the truth to constrain you, or set you free." Niall's voice rings in my head. What the hell was that supposed to mean? What a time for him to be deep and philosophical.

I turn my head, staring at the boy laying in my arms, my mind buzzing in confusion. He didn't even answer me when I asked him what he meant, and all he said was that he was tired.

I groan under my breath, running my free hand through my hair.

"Harry, stop moving." Niall grumbles and my movements freeze for a second.

"Sorry, love." I whisper. He releases a sigh, sitting up from my chest and looks at me, his eyes laced with tiredness.

"What's wrong?" He asks gently and my heart warms at how he's able to see right through me without even looking at me.

"What did you mean when you said that? The truth constraining me or set me free?" I ask and he purses his lips before sitting up fully, cross-legged and I do the same, opposite him. He grasps my hands in his and brings it closer to him.

"You know how when I was with Zayn, I was still so madly in love with you," he laughs softly, making my heart melt

"You know how when I was with Zayn, I was still so madly in love with you," he laughs softly, making my heart melt. "I was contemplating so much about telling him about my feelings for you. And I thought to myself, that me telling Zayn, could either constrain me, as in, always having to constantly put on a front for Zayn, because I don't know.. I really do like Zayn, but I just didn't feel like I was really me, I didn't feel free. Like I could be myself with him, but I can't show my true emotions because I knew I was still in love with you. So I suppose that's the constraining part." He pauses for a second and pulls his bottom lip in contemplation.

"Or, I could tell him my true feelings and make me feel 'free', like I don't have to keep hiding it from Zayn anymore, not wanting to bear the guilt of constantly leading Zayn on when I can't fully return my feelings for him." He tells me gently and my lips part slightly in understanding, nodding slightly.