1

Annie

Moving?

Mom says we're moving?

But our home is perfect! We have a lake house, a large yard, and the best living room! Apparently my dad got a really good principal job at a middle school last month, and Caleb knew as long as a month ago that we were moving. Currently we've bought new furniture that's already in the house, and we just have beds, clothes, and toys left to move over there.

Coach Mary already knew, and I only have one practice left. Practice is in forty minutes, so I need to get ready. I threw on a random leo I picked with my eyes closed, which turned out to be one I got at states last year. I put on black Nike pros and grabbed my iPod and water bottle. I put on a t-shirt and flip flops and got in the car while I put my hair in a bun. Mom got in the car, and Cara and Caysey buckled themselves in. Well, Cara buckled herself in, and I helped Caysey because she was born with a nerve problem in her hand and can't do it on her own sometimes. I put a selfie on my snapchat story using the wifi in our car. Then, I hopped out of the car and sadly had my last practice.

Hayley

I sat in my fort in the woods, reading a library book. I had built my fort in May and June, and I finished it with decorations in the beginning of July. It had a small blanket in case I decided to stay the night, one of my two money jars, and a water bottle. I spent most of my time here, at the library, or at the nearby park because I didn't want to see my mom. I don't love her, but I don't hate her either. I wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for her.

Anyway, back to what I was doing. It's the middle of August, and I still haven't gone shopping for school supplies. I have the list for my school, which I printed out at the library. I just need to walk to Walmart. I closed the book and set it on the blanket. I opened my money jar. Ten dollars and seventy-two cents. It should be enough to buy supplies, but just to make sure, I walked back to my house. I opened the door, trying not to make it creak. The smell of alcohol and smoke hit my nose. I stepped over cigarettes and broken bottles just to get to the stairs. I crept into the bathroom, which is likely where mom's wallet is. I know this because she rarely changes the hiding spot. Plus, the last time I needed money, it was there. I opened it and pulled out ten dollars.

I began the 30 minute walk to Route 1, passing the middle school and thrift store on the way. I crossed Richmond Highway and entered Walmart. I ran to the school supply section, picking out the cheapest notebooks, pencils, a pencil case, and a binder. Then I looked at backpacks. I saw a rainbow one with a bizilion pockets, but it was twenty-five dollars. I ended up grabbing a plain gray one instead, which was the cheapest, at eight bucks. Then I checked out and started walking home, thinking about my life. After all, I was starting middle school in three weeks. I really hope I find friends, because I never had any in elementary school. Maybe, I'll luck out.