2

Annie

We leave tomorrow. I boxed up my clothes and leos, then walked around our house for the last time. I passed Caleb's room, Cara and Caysey's room, the kitchen, living room, and other rooms. I went out back. It was weird without the trampoline there. I walked over to the pier and sat down with my feet in the river. It was peaceful and quiet. Caleb joined me. We sat in silence.

Of course, Cara and Caysey had to find where we went, so they ran to the backyard. The quiet was broken. They started doing cartwheels and handstands. Then mom came out, took off her sandals, and sat with Caleb and me. Then it got quiet. Then someone started crying. Simultaneously, mom, Caleb, and I turned around to find Cara on the ground, holding her ankle. Of course Cara is the one to get hurt, as always. Anyways, she said that she landed a roundoff on the side of her ankle. Mom took her inside, but had to carry her because she couldn't walk on it. A few minutes later, mom said it was swelling, so she was taking her to urgent care. Mom left, and Caleb was now in charge.

Hayley

I looked through the woods and across the street to the cul-de-sac and to the house that had been sold two months ago. There was a moving truck. Well, I guess someone's finally moving in.