20

Hayley

"Hello Hayley," Paul said.

"Uh hi," I replied, sitting down next to Caleb.

"You probably have some questions too," He said to caleb.

"Uh, yeah. Why did you rape my mom?" He asked angrily. "She is the nicest person and wouldn't have done anything to motivate you to do something so terrible!"

"Well, she was smart, pretty, and I wanted a kid. Plus we were married, so I wouldn't call it raping," He said.

"Uh yeah, I would. She says you abused her, plus she wanted to wait anyway!" Caleb argued.

"You are such a smart kid, aren't you? I have no comeback. But, here's what I came for. I want you back," He said.

"Oh nooo way. I'm staying here with my mom WHO RAISED ME and I'm staying with Hayley and my siblings. I feel like you know something you'd like to tell us," Caleb said.

"And you already know what I'm about to tell you. You lived with me for your first few years. Then Katie had to go find Billy and his kid Annie and win custody of you," He said.

"Wait, Annie isn't my sister?" Caleb said.

"No, she isn't," He said.

"I'm confused," I said.

"So, caleb is mine and Katie's, and Annie is Billy and Rachel's," He said.

"Oh. Who's Rachel?" Caleb asked.

"Is my son really that stupid?! Rachel is Annie's mom of course!" He said.

"No one. Calls. Me. Dumb." Caleb said, his loose hands slowly turning into fists.

Caleb rose from his chair and leaned across the table and punched Mr. Dank square in the nose.

"Ouch! You boy, will pay for that one day," He said, stumbling to the bathroom to clean up the blood.

Then he left the house, and I got a bad feeling in my gut.