26

Caleb

"Okay, so I think we should be able to escape," I told Hayley a few minutes after Paul left for work.

"Okay, what was the plan again? I wasn't listening," She said.

"Ugh!!!"

"Sorry! You should have noticed I was staring into space."

"Anyway, I found the code to the padlock on his computer. We unlock the door and leave. I have an extra key for his car, so I'll drive that home and we can call the police," I said.

"Great!" Hayley said, picking up all her belongings.

"Umm, Hayley? Leave Paul's stuff here," I told her.

"But look at all this expensive stuff he bought for me!" She whined.

"Fine," I huffed.

She picked up two fancy perfumes, a Vera Bradley mini backpack, and slipped on a cute pair of converse, instead of the plain sneakers she came here with. We grabbed everything and unlocked the door, making a run for Paul's car. I hop in the driver's seat and Hayley sits in the passenger's. I speed off and drive to our house, parking in the driveway.

Katie

Why is Paul here? What does he want now?!

I open the front door and see two people in the front. One looks like. . . Hayley?

My son and foster daughter get out of the car and I am overcome with joy. I even start crying while hugging them.

"I can't believe you're back! Where were you?" I asked.

Caleb started, "Paul kidnapped us. But it was really weird, like he made rooms and bought us things. It didn't feel like we were kidnapped, like we just woke up in someone else's house. We had beds, a bunch of clothes, toys-"

"And he even bought me Vera Bradley stuff and expensive perfumes and converse! But the converse fit perfectly, which was creepy," Hayley finished.

"Wow-"

"Hayley and Caleb! You aren't dead anymore! We all came back from Heaven!" Annie came down the stairs, interrupting me.

"What?" Caleb asked.

"You died and went to heaven, and our family lived in heaven but couldn't find you, and-"

"Okay, let's solve this later Annie! Caleb still doesn't know your brain went haywire. . . ," Hayley laughed.