Hayley

Today's my birthday! My twelfth birthday!!! I sat up in my blankets and yawned. Then I crawled over to my clothing pile and grabbed my favorite outfit and favorite Nikes and put my clothes on. My shirt is light blue with a winking emoji that has a flower crown, and my jeans are pink denim. My sneakers are Annie's old ones, which are purple and gray.

I did my hair in two French braids, which my aunt taught me how to do three years ago

I did my hair in two French braids, which my aunt taught me how to do three years ago. I checked to make sure they were good, using my compact mirror. They were, so I left them alone. I rolled up my jeans and looked at my leg. It was still a bit swollen and bruised. I hope it's nothing more than a bad bruise.

I took my bag and crutched to the bus stop. I sat on the curb and waited for Annie. A few minutes later I saw her, with an envelope in hand.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYLEY!!!!!" She shouted as she handed me the envelope. I tore it open and took out a card that had a cute poem on it. She wrote me a whole paragraph about why she loved having me as friend. I almost started crying and I gave her a huge hug. We got on the bus, and we talked.

"Okay, so I have a plan for this afternoon so you can have the best birthday ever. By the way, how's your leg? Is it getting any better?" Annie said.

"My leg hasn't gotten better. It's still swollen, bruised, and I can't walk," I said.

"I'll have my mom check it out, if it's okay with you. She's a doctor at the hospital, and she has access to the supplies," Annie said.

"Okay," I said hesitantly.

We continued to talk until we got to school.

*after school*

After school and after our bus ride, we went to Annie's house and did our small amount of homework, which was math, and then Annie told me one part of her plan.

"Okay. So I'm getting caleb to drive us to target, and we're going to a surprise place inside. My grandma gave me a bunch of money last Christmas, and she told me to spend it on something nice. So I'm buying you whatever you want, and you can't say no, because there are definitely things that you want," Annie said.

That's so sweet of her!!! But what should I get?

I already have one thing in mind, but you guys get to decide the other! Comments for Hay's gift aren't valid after May 26th, 2017.