You're Just Not My Type (Chapter 7)

7.

Thomas had agreed to meet Anne at her room in an hour, this gave her plenty of time to clean up their room. Making sure all dirty underwear were properly put up and no random bras laying around, nothing is more embarrassing. When she walked in the room she saw Natalie dancing around the room with the stereo blasting loudly. Waving wildly, she hoped to get Natalie's attention.

"Oh, hey!" Natalie said as finally turned the volume down.

"Having fun?" Anne's face spread in a wide smile, when they were younger she and Natalie would do this all the time. Dancing around the room would help them clear their mind, not mention it was a fun way to get exercise in.

"Yep. Join me!" Natalie said as she started to turn the music back up. Anne walked up to the stereo and turned the knob down.

"I can't. We have to speed clean this pig sty!" Natalie gave her a questioning look. "Before you say anything, Thomas is coming over. We are watching "Tudors" for our project. And I don't want him seeing our dirty laundry laying all over the place." She huffed as she started picking up random articles of clothing.

"Oh, really?" She giggled, as she started picking up her own clothes that were scattered on the dresser. "I do say, Lady Boleyn, are you possibly crushing upon the young Master Culper?"

Anne's head popped up instantly, her face flushed from bending over, "What are you talking about, Nat? We have a project together, that doesn't instantly mean I throw myself at the guy."

"Whatever you say, my lady." Natalie joked as she threw an armful of clothes into one of their hampers. "So can I stay while you two have a Tudor's marathon? You know how much I love Jonathan Rhys Meyers."

"I don't care. I told Thomas you'd probably be here anyway." Anne said as she started straightening her comforter over her bed. After about twenty minutes the room was finally presentable, not a bra or thong out of place. Natalie ran around the room spraying everything with her favorite bottle of Frebreeze and lit a few sweet smelling candles they had placed around the room.

"I'm going to order a couple pizzas, what kind do you think he'll like?" Natalie asked giving Anne a serious look. Was she crushing on Thomas? Was that why she wanted to stay while they watched "Tudors"? Anne couldn't help to question her friend's motives.

"Honestly, Nat, I don't know. I'm sure whatever you order will be plenty fine. I'm going to run down to the corner store and buy a couple twelve packs since we are almost out of soda. Mind if I borrow your car?"

"You don't ever have to ask." She said as she tossed her keys toward Anne, who caught them easily.

__

Anne pulled the car back into its usual parking spot, turning it off, she got out of the car. Reaching in the passenger door she didn't hear any one walk up behind her, so when she heard his voice she jumped.

"Hi Anne. Need help?" Thomas looked at her from the front of the car. He hadn't been there a moment before, so how did he get there so fast?

"Jesus, Thomas! What have I told you about scaring the shit out of me?" Anne huffed as she clutched her hand to her chest.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to." Anne looked at him carefully, she noticed his cheeks were a bit flushed and it seemed his usual paleness was as ashen as he was earlier in the day.

"If you could, would you carry one of these twelve packs please?" Anne held out the case of soda, but Thomas motioned for her to hand over the second one. "Um. Thanks." Thomas simply nodded and waited for Anne to lead the way. "Natalie ordered a couple pizzas, I hope your hungry."