You're Just Not My Type (Chapter 23)

23.

As Anne passed the threshold she took one last gasp of air before Thomas rushed her into the kitchen quickly pouring a mug full of blood and pushed it into her hands. His face was pulled into a tight, force smile as he kept a weary eye on her like she was a tiger that just escaped it's cage.

"Remember I'll be at your side, and if you feel the urge fight it and drink that." He said as he pointed at the full mug in her hands. Anne looked down at the dark thick liquid then back up to meet Thomas' waiting gaze then nodded. "Once this is over you can relax, Bobbie will take care of the rest."

"The rest?"

"Yes, the story is completely up to you, but I suggest going with a falling out and a disappearance. Its the easiest way to go about it. We'll have to pack up and move far from here but it can be done. But that's strictly up to you which story you wish to use, either way she can't be apart of your life anymore." Thomas said softly as he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I think we should go with the first." Anne stated plainly as she peeked around the corner to see Bobbie and Natalie chatting happily on the couch. "If she asks what happened do we tell her or has her mind already been altered?"

"No, she remembers everything right now."

"Okay, let's get this show on the road." Anne said as she turned to make her way into the living room.

"Annie!" Natalie called loudly as she entered the room, she tried to jump from the couch and throw her arms around her long time friend only to be restrained by Bobbie. "Why can't I hug you?"

"It's not the best thing to do right now."

"But." Natalie's eyes instantly welled up with tears as the weight of the entire ordeal finally fell on her shoulders. "Why was I taken? What was he? Why did he want you Annie? He kept saying he missed his Catherine."

"That was Francis Dunham, and he WAS a vampire." Anne paused making sure she had approval from Thomas to continue on, he nodded quickly and wrapped an arm around her shoulders hugging her slightly. "And Thomas here is actually Thomas Culpepper."

Natalie looked at her with wide eyes then began cackling like a mad woman. "Geez, Annie! Have you thrown yourself that far into that story line that you actually believe that?"

"I wish I could say this is all a figment of my imagination but it's not. Francis wanted me because I looked like Queen Catherine Howard." She paused having to take a breath, suddenly her throat felt on fire and the most delicious scent enticed her. Thomas nudged her slightly then nodded toward the mug in her hands that she instantly brought to her lips and gulped a bit down. Before pulling away she took a nice long breath before continuing on. "I don't want to go into the rest of the story, but long story short he finally got his hands on me, well now I'm one of them." Anne's eyes dropped from her friends waiting for another round of giggles or doubtful lines. But after a few moments nothing came, looking back Natalie sat stunned her eyes darting back and forth by each one of them. "Don't worry, they will not hurt you. They are nothing like Francis, in fact they haven't bit a person in years."

"You are joking, right?"

"I wish." Anne said as she looked to Thomas for some sort of proof. He nodded understanding her need and pulled his top lips back so his teeth were showing and a second later two perfectly sharp, white fang popped out. Natalie gasped from across the room but Anne couldn't help to want to run her finger over them or explore them more closely herself. This was a whole new feeling for her, she thought she was sexually attracted to him before but now she was in dire need of him. Her eyes went from one of wonderment to one of pure lust, which caused Thomas to chuckle slightly.