Chapter ninteen: I'm a F*cking Princess!

I leaned against the bar, sipping from a bottle of water.
It took me twenty dollars, a flirty remark, and a compliment to get this treasure from the bartender.

The music turned to something more electric, and I flinched at the colors it brought.
Bright blue lines danced in my vision and I closed my eyes, trying to block them out.

Only Rachel and CJ know this, but I have Synesthesia.
Which means that when I hear music, I see different colors in my minds eye.
Some people might tell you otherwise, but honestly, I find it cool.

Different music types bring me different light shows, just for me. Sometimes it's cool, then other times it's tiresome. Like when CJ tries to play the piano. That just hurts me.

Along with seeing colors as music, I also think of different words as colors too. Like Wednesday is orange and Tuesday is yellow.
My mom doesn't know, because she wouldn't care.

I keep it to myself most times, because idiotic people will ask me all sorts of questions if they find out.

"So, I'm purple right now because I like jazz?"

"If you see four as red and five as blue, do you see nine as purple?"

Pretty weird.

Scanning the club, I try to seek out Stacy or Rachel.
I spot Stacy, dancing atop a table. And Rachel is no where to be seen.

"Hey Jessie." Cooed Daniel, leaning next to me. I gave him a fake name so he couldn't track me down later or anything.
Common survival tips honesty.

I grinned and lifted my bottle to his, "Cheers." I said pleasantly, tapping my water against his glass.

Placing my water down, I turned back to the club and watched the grinding body's press against each other.
Am I the only one honestly concerned about germs here? Shrugging, I took a sip from my water before placing it back down.

"Hey, do you know why the bathrooms are a no-go zone?" I yelled over the music at Daniel. Daniel shrugged, tossing back his glass. "The water fountains are connected to vats of whiskey, and the boys room has a drug station in it." Daniel blurted.

My eye brows shot upwards to my hair line.
"That's legal?" I gawked. Daniel shrugged again and pushed a hand threw his hair. "Cops don't care 'bout this place. The owner pays em."

Isn't the owner related to Stacy? I'll interrogate her later.
Lifting my bottle to my lips again, I chug down a mouthful and screw the cap back on.
"Who's the owner aga-woah...." the room suddenly spun and the water fell from my grip.

I grabbed the counter as the floor tipped beneath me and my head spun.

What was...happening?

Looking up at Daniel dazed, I blinked frantically to clear my vision. "What," I croaked.
"Was in that water?"

Daniel smirked.
And it wasn't a pleasant one.

"Nothing much. Just this," he held up an empty packet.
I cursed colorfully.

"You...jerk!" But the room swayed again and my knees gave out.

"Easy there beautiful. We don't want you to get hurt now do we?" He hissed, catching me in his arms and pulling me from the bar.

This is not good.

Not good.

At all.

Not...good

Good.

This was good.