Leave My Friends Alone!

pairing: john laurens x reader
title: leave my friends alone!
description: maddy is always rude to her boyfriend's best friend, alexander. she is in for a big surprise when john sees her getting in his face.
prompt: #9: "and i care why?"
request: none
WC: 460
maddy liked john. but saying liked was an understatement. she loved him. and she would do anything and everything to be able to stay with him forever. even if she had to be a total brat to those who came to close to her lover.

one person she saw as an obstacle was alexander hamilton. maddy's best friend, james madison told her that alex totally had a crush on john but was too scared to admit it. so now, alexander was her new target.

they had to sit next to each other in chemistry, and they did not have good chemistry. (See what I did there) everyday she would pick on him for what he wore.

"you're wearing so much green, you look practically identical to my green high liter!" she said smirking.

alex was done with her.

"you look so basic, starbucks wants to photograph you instead of their drinks." he replied.

"well basic seems to be a trait that john likes since he's dating me. you should try being basic too if you really do like him!" she said loud enough for the whole class to hear.

"maddy, you're really hurting my feelings! what happened to you? you used to be so nice!" he asked.

"1, and I care why? 2, i grew up. and 3, i'm only nice to some people." maddy said.

alex was about to say something but the bell cut him off. alex got out of class as fast as he could. later, John came up to maddy. he was furious!

"what was that!?" john said.

"what do you mean?" maddy asked

"in chemistry! are you literally trying to break alex!" john said.

"well not really. but I could try if i wanted to, obviously." maddy said in a snotty way.

as they entered the cafeteria, john said something he thought he'd never have to say in his life.

"maddy, I'm done with you. you're the biggest brat I've ever met. and stop picking on alex! he did nothing wrong!" john practically yelled.

"jacky, calm down. i know you're joking!" maddy said, rolling her eyes.

"no, I'm not. go find yourself another group of friends because the hamilsquad no longer has any room for you!" he said, walking towards his group of friends, clearly not upset over the decision he just made.

maddy just stood there. is he joking? she thought. i can't just go find another group of friends! they're my only friends—my rocks! what have I done!

{June 18, 2017 11;55PM}