Should've Put More Thought Into It!

pairing: sonny de la vega x reader
prompt: #2: "touch me again and I will snap your whole body in half"
request: none
WC: 421
😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
today was the fourth of july and the blackout was still going on. the worst part about it is that it's so hot! but the best part is that i get to spend the day with everyone. including my boyfriend, sonny.

everyone was being extra lazy and daniela was pissed. she lectured us and ended up suggesting that we have a "carnaval del barrio".

at one point, daniela mentioned that benny and nina started a relationship, which practically nobody knew. this resulted in multiple people teasing benny. saying stuff like "benny and mina sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" then, sonny went up and shared his opinion about everything that was happening.

"usnavi's leaving us for the dominican republic? and benny went and stole the girl that i'm in love with! she was my babysitter first!" he said, clearly unaware that i was right next to him when he was talking about nina.

by the time he was done speaking, i took off my flower crown that he bought me and handed it to him and said

"if you mean what you said, these flowers should be for nina instead." and walked out.

when i got to my house, i tried opening the door with my key, and when that didn't work, i decided to knock on the door.

wait, mom and dad went to visit tía in pennsylvania. shit, i thought.

it started to rain.

great, this is exactly what i needed.

i sat down on the door step, crying. the tears weren't noticeable because of the rain, so i was lucky. about five minutes later, i saw Sonny running over to me.

"adri! what's wrong?" he called out to me.

"are you kidding me! you acted like i wasn't there when you said that you were in love with nina!" i exclaimed.

"adri, I love you more!" he said, sitting down next to me and holding me in his arms.

i pushed him off.

"touch me again and I will snap your whole body in half." i warned.

"but adri, i really do love you more!" he explained.

"i need some time, sonny." i said.

sonny walked to the bodega with his head down.

if he truly feels that way towards her, he can have her, i thought.

but he'd better be ready for rejection cause she will not say yes.

{July 19, 2017 4:07PM}

{Edited October 25th, 2017 12:06PM}