I Will Never Be Satisfied

pairing: jughead jones x reader

fandom: riverdale

summary: songfic of satisfied from hamilton.

tw: crying, 3 curse words

significations: y/n: your name, y/f/s: your favorite sport, l/n: your last name

expect a part 2, hunny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A toast to the groom!" i yelled out as i saw jughead and betty kissing in the newspaper room.

"y/n, can you not!" jughead said in annoyance.

"To the bride!" i yelled again.

"y/n, when did you even get here?" betty asked.

"From your best friend!" i yelled.

they kissed again.

"oh, the things my virgin eyes have seen." i said on my way out.

may they  always be satisfied, i thought.

my non-existent love story with jughead isn't your average love story. i won't wait for them to break up and then walk right in so that jughead can place a ring on my finger. no. this is the love story where the girl likes somebody but won't do anything because they're too worried about all the people she would hurt.

remember that night, I just might regret that night for the rest of my days

i remember the day betty told me her and jughead started dating. i immediately wanted to say something like, you're breaking girl code, but she wasn't. i hadn't told anybody i liked jughead. i never even knew betty liked jughead. hopefully this isn't one of those things where she'd date her previous crush's best friend to make her previous crush (archie) realize what he's missing out on. it's wrong of me to think that, but it's always possible.

But Alexander, I'll never forget the first time I saw your face

jughead and i met in kindergarten but only became friends in 4th grade. he found out i liked him back then because i made the mistake of telling my best friend archie. jughead then tried to become my friend which was very nice of him. in 5th grade, he started wearing his famous crown beanie. it only made him more attractive.

"what do you look for in a guy, y/n?" veronica asked me at the student lounge.

"a nice and relate-able guy.", i responded. "basically none of the guys i've dated."

"y/n, you strike me as a woman who has never been satisfied." jughead pointed out.

"that's actually true. I have never been satisfied." i responded.

"so that's why you've dated so many guys!" reggie laughed.

"yeah, so that your ugly ass can know that i don't like you." i said.

"so you and betty, huh?" i asked jughead as we sat across from each other in a booth at pop's.

"yeah, she makes me really happy." he explained.

"i'm happy for you, jug," i said with a smile. "so, bughead?" i proposed. it made me cringe, trying to be happy that my crush has a girlfriend.

"oh my god, no!" jughead laughed, pointing a fry at me.

"i'll stop saying it on one condition." i said.