(LMM) Welcome To Dreamville

Pairing: Lin-Manuel Miranda X Reader
Title: Welcome to Dreamville
Details: ANOTHER song-fic to Dreamville by Kenny Holland.
Warnings: Melanie doubts herself so much. Her self-esteem is literally lower than lower than my tank top!
Request: none.
Words: 535
Btw, I won't be using all the lines in the song again.
—————————————
I can't hear a sound because everything is too loud.

Melanie was nervous.
Actually, nervous multiplied by infinity. She had never performed in front of such a huge crowd before. Hamilton was her Broadway debut and she was about to fail because she couldn't hear the first song, Alexander Hamilton playing. She got lucky though because she wouldn't have a line until the end of the song.

Mocked by a crowd of clowns and their new-found frowns.

Melanie saw so many people in the audience. So far, they hadn't been amazed by anything so it was 100% frowns.

I'm a walking life-sized lost and found.

Melanie danced the choreographed moves given to her and the ensemble. But she still felt as if she shouldn't be onstage.

After maybe an hour, intermission came. Lin came to see her as he noticed she had been a bit off today.

"You okay?" Lin asked, stepping into her dressing room.

"Nope." Melanie replied.

"What's wrong?" The bearded man asked, sitting himself in a chair next to her's.

"I'm just nervous. Like there's so many people and I've been screwing up so many lines in the rehearsals and I feel like I'll make the same mistakes in front of the audience." Melanie explained.

"Let me give you a tip:

Welcome to Dreamville, the place where nothing's as it seems."
He said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Melanie asked.

"It means that even if you're following your dreams, like you are now, acting and singing in front of a crowd, you'll find the unexpected." Lin explained.

"And I'll be the death of you." Lin added.

"Honestly, this whole cast will be the death of me. All of you are like what I pictured myself as when I moved to New York. But now that I'm actually seeing myself, I'm just like "Sup!" Like I'm nothing special, not even someone I've known my own life would be able to accept where I am right now." Melanie explained.

"Melanie, stop! Don't beat yourself up! Do you think we would've let you be in this musical if we didn't see your talent and dedication!" Lin said.

"You would've put me in anyway, I'm your wife (forgot to mention that earlier). You even told me that I wouldn't have to audition to be in ITH, you'd just find a role for me." Melanie explained.

"Don't say that." Lin said.

Lin hugged Melanie really tight. Almost like a bear hug. He began humming a random song in her ear.

"Let It Go? Seriously!" Melanie said, looking up at her husband's face.

"Don't judge me, I'm a Disney person." Lin said.

"Lin and Mel, 2 minutes until act 2" Tommy, the director announced.

"Well, I gotta go." Lin said, kissing Melanie on the forehead.

"I love you! Never forget that!" Lin said, leaving her dressing room.

"Love ya too!" She called out.

That man always has a way to keep Melanie the way she is.