(LMM) Just A Bad Day

Pairing: Lin-Manuel Miranda X Reader

Summary: Lin has a rough day and unintentionally takes out his anger on his wife.

Warnings: Yelling... I think that's it...

WC: 581

----------------------------------------------------------

Lin had been having one of the worst days ever. When he took his morning shower, there was no hot water because of the washer machine. His Keurig put too much coffee in his mug. And the worst part was that today was the day that the cast had to perform all the deleted hamilton songs. They had to perform the whole play and fit all the deleted songs in the right places.

Lin had already told his wife, Veronica that even though she was Leslie's understudy, she shouldn't learn his lines in the deleted songs. She obeyed...For a while. Lin didn't know that she had all her lines down. Nobody told her to learn them, but she knew she had to just in case Leslie didn't show up.

His walk to the theater with Veronica was quiet. He didn't want to say something he'd regret. Veronica didn't question him. She knew about his stress.

"Has anybody seen Leslie?" Tommy asked.

A chorus of 'no's' flew from the cast.

"He told me he has to be on vocal rest." Anthony said.

"Alright then. Veronica, I'm going to need you to step in for him. Carleigh, step in for Veronica please." Tommy said.

"Do you even know the Burr's deleted songs?" Lin asked.

"Of course I do!" Veronica replied.

"How?" Lin asked.

"I'm a good actress, when I'm an understudy, I learn what the original learns." Veronica explained.

"But I told you not to do that." Lin said.

"You can't tell me what I can and can't do. You're my husband, not my dad." Veronica said, getting annoyed.

"Well I created this musical so technically, I can." Lin said.

"Well, if you don't appreciate the fact that I do what I'm supposed to do, you can go suck my left nut." Veronica said, walking out of her dressing room.

"5 minutes until the curtain opens!" Tommy yelled.

Lin was shocked at how Veronica responded. He decided to walk backstage without her. It wouldn't be a good idea to have an argument before they went onstage.

Veronica didn't like the fact that Lin acted as if he was the boss. He is ,but he has gotten kicked out of rehearsals before by Tommy.

"Veronica, are you mad at me?" Lin asked.

"Stop talking to me!" Veronica yelled.

She hated when people talked to her while she was putting on her costume or doing her makeup. She thought that it was bad luck.

"When can I talk to you?" Lin asked.

"After the show is over." Veronica said with a sigh.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Veronica asked, sitting beside him on the bed.

"Are you mad at me?" Lin asked.

"Maybe just a tiny bit" She admitted.

"Look, I'm sorry." Lin said.

"I forgive you." Veronica said.

"I was so stressed out today. I didn't expect everything to go so well!" Lin explained.

"Do you want a massage?" Veronica asked.

"Sure!" Lin said.

"Lay on your belly." Veronica said.

Lin did as he was told. Veronica took off his shirt and started massaging. Lin looked like he could fall asleep any second. He loved her massages.

After about 20 minutes, Lin had fallen asleep, and Veronica's hands had gotten sore. Veronica woke him up and the two went to bed.