At Least I Tried!

pairing: alexander & elizabeth schuyler x reader
prompt: #14: "now what do you have to say for yourself?" "oops?"
summary: it's mother's day and alexis hamilton tries to surprise her mother in multiple ways but ends up getting in trouble.
warnings: crying, a 7-year-old trying to be cute.
A/N: Tell your mothers I said happy Mother's Day!
WC: 647
🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀
today is the day, alexis thought, getting out of bed. okay, let's do some breakfast in bed!

alexis went in the pantry and got out her mother's favorite cereal, lucky charms. she poured some in a bowl, added milk and grabbed a spoon.

she knew her mother wouldn't be awake this early so her plan was perfect. all 4 of her siblings refused to lose their beauty sleep to give their mother a good breakfast.

alexis opened the door, only to be surprised.

"happy mother's da-" she dropped the cereal bowl in shock.

(I'm not sorry) clothes on the ground, her parents' torsos exposed. her father then woke up to see his 7-year-old daughter with milk at her feet and looking as if she saw a ghost. her father rushed her out of the room, put some clothes on, and asked the servant to clean up the fallen bowl.

"alexis, why would you come in without knocking! that was very rude!" her father said, bent down to her height.

"i didn't know you'd still be home and i wanted to make mother some breakfast!" alexis explained, on the verge of tears.

"why is that so important today though?" her father asked.

"because it's mother's day, father!" she shouted.

"shh! no shouting, you'll wake everyone else up." her father said.

he peeked into his bedroom. eliza was still asleep. i can't believe I'm doing this. alexander thought.

"alright, how about you and i go make some pancakes for your mother?" her father offered.

alexis nodded her head in agreement. they walked to the kitchen and made some delicious pancakes.

when they got into the bedroom, eliza was fully clothed and reading a book.

"happy mother's day, mother!" alexis said.

eliza looked up from her book and smiled instantly.

a few hours later, alexis had realized she forgot to make a card. dor the card, she decided she needed some macaroni noodles. so she ran into the pantry again and grabbed the box of macaroni and ran into her bedroom—or at least she tried.

the box of macaroni opened and spilled all over the ground in front of alexis.
alexis fell and hit her head and knees.

"alexis, what happened?" her father asked.

"i fell!" alexis said, in tears.

"are you hurt?" her father asked.

"yes." she responded.

alexander picked her up and brought her to the sunroom and called a doctor. while the doctor was on his way, alexander became curious.

"why did you have macaroni with you?" her father asked.

"i was trying to make a card for mother." alexis explained.

"so then why couldn't you have made a card with one of your siblings?" he asked.

"because when i asked, they said no. they don't like me!" alexis said.

"you're right, alexis. they don't like you, they love you !" alexander said.

alexis didn't feel like responding. her father can't be getting mad at her for every mistake she makes. that's not fair! besides, it's not her fault she goes out of her way to make others happy.

later on, alexander told eliza about everything alexis had done and she was furious.

"alexis!" she called.

"yes mother?" alexis replied, appearing in the room.

"how come i keep on hearing terrible stories about your behavior?" her mother asked.

"because i try too hard." alexis mumbled.

"what was that?" eliza asked.

"nothing." alexis responded.

"alexis, i am very disappointed in you! what do you have to say for yourself?" eliza practically yelled.

"oopsies!" alexis yelled and ran away.

{July 19, 2017 4:07PM}

{Editied October 25, 2017 11:50AM}