I Think I Love You Better Now

pairing: Jughead Jones X Reader

summary: part 2 of 'I Will Never Be Satisfied' songfic of 'Lego House' by Ed Sheeran

warnings: 3 curse words, mentions of sex (notice how i said mention)

NOTE: when i say friends with benefits, i don't mean they have sex. i mean they're really close but not dating, like they won't kiss or anything.

dictionary: y/n = your name, chrusciki: polish dessert

if you see something that's underlined (abc), that means it's y/n texting jughead.

if you see something in italics (abc), that means it's jughead texting y/n. actually, i'll just put who's saying what.

WC: 1728

===========================================================================

I'm gonna pick up the pieces and build a lego house

it's always hard to get in a relationship but easier to break it. what's even harder is being in a 'friends with benefits' relationship with your crush without telling him how you truly feel. betty knows about it and doesn't mind. as long as we don't kiss.

If things go wrong, we can knock it down

every night, he'd rant to me about how perfect betty was even though their relationship was full of flaws. their relationship is like the relationship of leia and tanner in teen beach movie; a biker and a surfer in love while their friends hated each other. in bughead's case, a northsider and a serpent. jughead's dad was happy for him while alice wanted betty to break up with jughead. i don't think once, he ever realized how it made me feel when he'd talk about betty.

My three words have two meanings; there's one thing on my mind, it's all for you

every night when i was sure jughead was asleep, i'd say 'i love you', knowing he couldn't hear it. now that i can't see jughead as much because of whatever happened that he has to live in a foster home in the southside, i can't tell him anything like that at night. i miss him more than anything. i miss hearing his sarcastic jokes and the clicking of his computer whenever he typed. i missed him.

And it's dark in a cold December but I've got you to keep me warm

jughead and i agreed to meet up at least twice a week at pop's to catch up on everything. and i'd get to see the smile that kept me from walking away from life when it got hard. 

"great news, y/n!" jughead beamed one night as he walked to our booth.

"what is it?" i smiled.

"my dad's getting out of jail!" he grinned.

"that's amazing!" i said, hugging him.

"i know right!" betty smiled.

"oh, hey betty." i said, wondering when she even got here.

"hey, y/n. mind if i join you guys?" she asked.

"no. the more the merrier right?" i put on my fakest smile.

what in the hell is she doing! i thought. this is time for jughead and i, not a time where i have to put on a fake smile!

And if you're broken, I'll mend you

"y/n, we need to talk about something." betty started.

"sure. what's up?" i asked politely.

"i want your 'beneficial' relationship with jughead to stop." she said with air quotations.