Stop Acting Like That

Jake's POV
When the doctor walked in we all got really nervous.

Doctor: "Mr Brooks... it seems like all of your vomiting is triggered by severe depression. Did you ever think that you could have had depression"

Tessa: "I mean I kinda knew but none of us thought it was bad..."

Erika: "T... be serious... tell the doctor the truth"

Tessa: "Okay. I knew it was bad"

Erika: "She tried to take her life a week ago"

Doctor: "Oh my Ms Brooks... well we are going to give you some medications..."

Jake: "I am not sure if that is the best idea Doctor...that's how she tried to kill herself"

Doctor: "Okay well then we will do treatments here at the hospital every other day and therapy twice a week. You can go home anytime now and we will see you here in a few days for your treatment and therapy"

Tessa started to get up and go get her clothes from a table next to her bed.

Jake: "Are you okay babe?"

Tessa: I'm fine. I don't get why you guys worry about me all the time geez"

Jake: "Tessa we just want you to be safe and healthy"

Tessa: "Well I can take care of myself, you're not my parents so you can stop acting like them"

Jake: "Tessa, I'm sorry I just care about you so much and I don't want anything to happen to you"

I pull her in for a hug, but this one was different. She wasn't relaxed, it was awkward. I didn't like it.