Operation

Jake's POV
The next morning I got up out of Tessa's bed and went down stairs I got her some tea and brought it up to her in bed. I'm going to try to get her to rest until her operation later. It's at 3 so we have to be there at like 1:30. Once Tessa woke up I gave her the tea and sat with her. We watched some Netflix for a few hours then she had to get ready to leave. She threw on a sweatshirt and some shorts then we walked out to my car. We got in and I drove her to the hospital. We checked her in and then they had her change into the gown for surgery. We waited in a little hospital room for them to come get Tessa. Then a nurse walked into the room.

Nurse: "Tessa it's time. I'm going to take you back now"

I kissed Tessa on the top of her head and squeezed her hand.

Jake: "I love you T and I will be waiting for you when you come out"

They rolled her out of the room and I sat in the hospital room waiting for Tessa. I waited for about 2 hours and then a nurse came back into the room rolling Tessa who was asleep.

Nurse: "Will you be taking care of Tessa?"

Jake: "Yes. Is there anything I need to know?"

Nurse: "Yes, she won't be able to talk for about a week, only feed her foods like soup, ice cream, tea, water, and apple sauce. And try to get her to rest as much as possible"

Jake: "Okay"

Nurse: "Once she wakes up we will do a little check in and she will probably be able to go home"

The nurse left and I just sat there waiting for Tessa to wake up. About 20 minutes later Tessa woke up.

Jake: "Hi babe"

I walked over to her and grabbed her hand and I kissed the top of her head.

Jake: "The nurses wanna check up on you before they let you go home so I'm gunna go get them. I will be right back I promise"

I walked out of the room and got the nurse. She checked Tessa and decided she was doing good and could go home.

Nurse: "If Tessa starts to get sicker bring her back. Her throats will hurt for the next week so don't worry about that. And try to keep her talking to a minimum"

Jake: "Okay thanks. Come on babe lets get you home"

Tessa got up and put her sweatshirt on and we walked to the car. We started driving home and once we got there I brought Tessa up to her room. She was really tired so she just fell asleep