She nicer than she seems

I sat on the side of the bridge and watched the last of tazuna's workers leave. I jumped off the side of the bridge and began to help the druken old man. He looked at me shocked and I just shrugged my shoulders. He dropped it and I spent the rest of the day helping him while Chie flew tools to us. Shouta was watching tazuna's daughter and the young boy. And Akane was watching the other three on this team.

We finished for the day and wen to get food for dinner. When we enter the shop there was basically nothing. However it didn't affect me I've seen many places like this. I watched carefully as a man tried to pickpocket Sakura I pulled out a kunai just in case not to kill him only if he got it just to scare the crap out of him. He went to grab Sakura's bag but she thinking he was being a creep punched him and he left. I put my kunai away and tuned out until we got back to the house.

We sat down at the table and the boys just got back. I tuned out until Sakura asked a stupid question. She asked about the torn picture. tazuna began to explain it but inari getting upset left.

"Shouta make sure he's okay." I said through my mind.

"Yes milady." Shouta replied.

~~~~Shouta's pov~~~~

I tapped on the boys window and he looked up at me and opened the window. I jumped into his room and landed onto his bed. The boy sat down next to me and stroked my feathers, I tensed when he did so, the only person who ever patted any of us owls is Tsukino. But I let him pat me. He then stopped and looked down sadly.

"You know boy, if you ever need someone to talk to Tsukino is willing to listen." I spoke in my calm voice.

His head snapped up and he looked at me.

"You can talk?" He said and I nodded. "Well how am I supposed to talk to her. She seems so serious and in control of her emotions. She's so strong and capable, why would she care about someone as unimportant and cowardly as me." The boy said looking down.

I sighed and looked up at the boy.

"She puts on a mask hiding who she truly is. She's actually rather sweet. She may not show she cares but she does, if you talk to her she will listen." I explain to the boy. "Will you be okay, or do you want me to stay for a bit?" I asked.

"Can you stay for a bit?" He said.

I nodded and more closer to the boys side.