unknown friend or foe?

I was going through my fridge and grabbed out an apple for breakfast. I heard a knocked on the door and opened it to see an ANBU there.

"yes?" I said.

"lord hokage wishes to see you." He said before disappearing.

I strapped my katana to my back and tied my blades under my sleeves and left my apartment locking the door behind me. I ate my apple while I ran to the hokage's office. I got to his office and knocked on his door and he told me to enter. I went to bow in front of him but stopped when I saw my team. I went to bow again but the hokage gestured for me not to. I stood straight and looked to the hokage.

"will Tsukino be coming on this C ranked mission?" Naruto asked.

Wait C ranked, but they just got out if the academy, are they even ready for a C ranked mission. Wait why should I care, besides Kakashi's with them and he's a jounin they'll be fine.

"no, she will not be going on this mission with you." The hokage said simply.

A druken old man walked into the office. I listened into the conversation learning that they were going on an escort mission. But something seemed off my the drunken bridge builder. Soon they all left and Kakashi was leaving but whispered in my ear before he left.

"whatever mission you're going on be careful, and come back alive." He whispered before leaving.

Once they were gone I bowed in front of the hokage.

"please stand Tsukino." The hokage said and I obeyed.

"you will be going on an assassination mission. The man you will be eliminating is from a group of people who were wiped out for doing illegal behavior in the land of fire and not stopping it after being warned. He has been spotted in the nearby villages and has been caught stealing and doing many other crimes. I want you to find and kill him. This is an A ranked mission." He explained.

I nodded and he passed me the man's file. I left is office and returned home. After I got dressed in my ANBU uniform I summoned my three owls.

"yes, milady." They all chimed.

"Akane, Shouta I want you two to search the villages close to the leaf for this man." I explained showing then the photo of the man.

"yes, milady." The said before flying off.

"and you Chie I want you to follow the genin team I'm on and watch over them. If anything, serious happens contact me." I said and she nodded before flying off.

I jumped out of my window and began my search for my target.

~~~~Time skip~~~~

I stood in a tree watching my target and waiting for my two owls to show up. I've been following him for about 10 minutes and he's been wandering in a forest around a small village close to the leaf.

"I suggest you show yourself, girl I know you've been following me for 10 minutes." He said calmly.

I pulled out my katana and went to slash at him, but he narrowly dodged and all I cut was the back of his shirt revealing his left shoulder blade. On his shoulder blade, there was a tattoo of an eagle. I froze when I saw it. he can't be one of them. They were all killed that day.

He pulled out a kunai and went to hit me but I blocked it with my katana. It a second his hand roughly hit my stomach and pain shot through my body. All I wanted to do was crumble to the ground but I didn't. in a second I was behind the man with my katana through his chest.

"go to hell." I said in a blunt tone.

He fell limply to the ground pale and blood oozing from his wound. pain still spreading through my body I leaned on trees as I walked pass them I got a few meters away from the corpse before I completely collapsed. My vision blurred but I saw Akane and Shouta land in front of me but I couldn't hear what they said. Soon everything went black.

~~~~unknow pov~~~~

I was walking through the forest but stopped when I heard the quiet uneven breathing of a person. I walked to the person breathing to find a young girl passed out. Her face was covered by a mask and two owls stood by her protectively. I walked up to her much to the owls disliking and took her mask off. She seemed about 12 the same age my son would be. She had a pained expression on her face. I picked her up and began to walk to my home.