Yeo Jin Goo

Listening to the wind chimes sing while laying down on a long swinging chair that's hanging from a tree, I'm looking up at the sunny sky as the fluffy clouds pass over me. Because of where I live, it has a great scenery and a nice sunny little forest nearby.

I sadly smile as I look up at the clouds, suddenly reminded of you. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, feeling the cool wind run all over my body, and then I exhale. I miss you...

I look up at the clouds for just a second longer before turning over to my side and seeing my sketch pad next to me. I gently take it into my hands and hold it close.

~~~

"Boo!"
I jumped and my pencil accidentally crossed through my drawing. Gahhh! No!

I turned around and looked up to see my good friend, Jin Goo, laughing uncontrollably.

"Yah~ You messed up my drawing!" I whined with a sad pouty face.

He stopped laughing, but a sweet smile stayed on his face. "I'm sorry. Can I see what you were drawing?"

My eyes widened and I quickly held my sketchbook to my chest in a tight embrace. "N-no! You can't!"

He laughed and said, "Why~?"

"B-because!"

"Let me see!" His hand reached for my sketch pad and before I could even react, it was already in his hands. I tried taking it back but the swinging chair moved and I face planted into the pillow. "Wow, you're getting better at drawing!"

"Give it back!" I clumsily got off the chair and snatched my sketch pad back from him. I closed it and hugged it tightly, turning my back towards him, feeling embarrassed.

"What's wrong?" He asked while playfully poking his head over my shoulder.

"Go away!" I shouted.

His smile faded away and he looked hurt. "I'm sorry..."

I felt bad for making him feel sad, but I stayed there with my back facing him. He took a few steps back and said, "I'll get going now."

I still didn't turn around.

"Oh, and your drawing of me looks really handsome!"

Gahh! I dropped my sketch pad in surprise and turned around to see him with a big smile on his face as he started to run away. H-how did he know??

I watched him as he hopped onto his bike, waved goodbye with that big stupid smile of his, and rang the bike's bell as he rode away.

~~~

It was a rainy afternoon when I heard a knock at my door. My parents were at the store so I was at home all alone. I went downstairs and opened the door to see Jin Goo dripping wet from the rain. I quickly opened the screen door and said, "Why did you come all the way over here in the rain? Without a jacket too!"

Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a tight embrace. "W-what's wrong?" I asked confused. I gently pushed him off, terrified of what his reply was going to be.

He took a deep breath and said, "I'm moving..."

Those two words were enough to bring tears to my eyes. I threw my arms around his neck and tightly hugged him, my tears falling onto his drenched shoulder. "I was joking when I told you to go away! Don't leave me!"

His arms tightened around me as if he never wanted to let go. Sadly, this moment couldn't last forever.

~~~

Waking up from my dream, or should I say my memories, was the worst feeling ever. It wasn't even sunny outside anymore, but the wind chimes weren't quiet.

Just then, I felt the sun's rays come out from behind the gray clouds and the warmth of it fell onto my back. I heard a bike bell ringing in the distance, and I quickly sat up and turned around. What I saw brought tears to my eyes.

Song: Sayaka - Yugo Kanno