Jungkook (BTS)

As soon as you walk into the lecture hall, you see Jungkook laughing happily with Jinah as she playfully pushes his shoulder. When he looks up and sees you, his laugh calms down, but you give him a friendly smile as you quickly look away and walk up the steps to sit in the back of the room about 6 rows behind him. You couldn't help but glance down at them as you think to yourself, "You look better with her..."

During the lecture, you were spaced out, thinking about all the times you've had with Jungkook as a couple. Those memories made it seem like you two were perfect for each other, that things were never going to end the way they did, but sadly those days didn't last. Since two agreed to stay as friends, all you did was smile to pretend that you were perfectly fine...and you hated yourself for that. 

After the lecture, you saw Yejin grab his hand as they walked out of the hall together. "They look happy... "

You slowly packed your things up in your bag, but then you saw someone walk up to your seat. You look up to see Jungkook hand in hand with Yejin. You forced a smile and said, "Oh hi, did you need something?"

Jungkook replied, "I'm sorry to ask but, Yejin and I weren't here for the last lecture. Can you send us the notes?"

"Of course! I'll just text you them."

"Thank you so much! I'll see you around."

As they walked away, you heard Yejin ask him, "You know her?"

The next words that came out of his mouth tore your heart a little bit more inside, "We're just good friends."

Tears were attempting to form but you swallowed them down. You threw your bag over your shoulder and head out of the class and out of the building. 

As you're walking on campus, spaced out, someone comes from behind you and tries scaring you. You automatically thought it was Jungkook, but it was Sam. You both laugh but you smack his arm first. "What the heck, you scared me!"

"I'm sorry, super sorry hahaha!"

As Jungkook is walking with Yejin, he sees you happily laughing with Sam and sadly smiles. He thinks to himself, "She looks happy..."

Then Sam suddenly pulls you into a hug and Jungkook's eyes go wide open. Then Sam playfully pats your head and throws his arm around you as you two walk away. Jungkook thinks to himself, "Why did he hug her?? Why is his arm around her! That bas-"

"Oppa, what's wrong?" Jinah asked.

"O-oh, nothing. Let's go~"

~~~~~

One month later...

Jungkook was in his dimly lit room sitting on his bed with his back leaning against the wall with his phone in his hand. He was drunk and had tear stains on his face, but tears were still slowly falling down his cheeks. He called you but you weren't answering so he just spoke whatever was on his mind. 

"I miss you. I thought I'd be fine without you, but even this girl by my side doesn't fill in your empty spot. She reminds me so much of you, I don't think I can ever forget you." Jungkook sadly chuckles to himself, "I don't even know I'm like this right now in this spot. Why did I even call you?"

Jungkook was choking on his tears and started crying into the phone. "That day when I called you a good friend... I'm sorry... You're more than a good friend to me, I just didn't have the courage to say something else... I purposely missed class the day she missed class just so that I could have an excuse to talk to you. I hate myself for still missing you... I miss you...so much..."

Jongkook fell to his side and laid there with the phone to his ear, just crying and crying with a broken heart. 

After a while, he stopped crying and said, "You're beautiful... You're nice and kind... You haven't changed at all. But you seem better and more comfortable with him by your side...without me... And to be honest, it hurts..." Jungkook started crying again but then sniffed his nose and wiped his tears away before sitting up again and saying, "But I'll be okay! Don't worry about me. I'll keep on smiling just for you. That way you won't be hurt when you're with him. I still have so much to say but...I'll just stop here... I love you..."

Jungkook dropped his hand by his side and let go of his phone as he kept crying. Little did he know that you did answer the phone and heard everything. You were covering your mouth, trying not to make a sound as you sat there in your room crying as well. 

~~~~~

A few days later as you're walking in the hallway to get to class, you see Jungkook down the hall also walking your way. You can feel your heart beating out of your chest in nervousness, but you still can't make yourself turn and run away. With every step, you two were getting closer, and you both couldn't take your eyes off of each other. No matter how much it hurt and no matter how much you wanted to tell him how you felt, you couldn't. 

As you two walked past each other, you both looked away and kept on walking... 

I still have a lot to say but........let's stop here...

Song: Kwon Jinah & Sam Kim - Until Now