L (Infinite)

You missed Call from Kim Myungsoo 

You really going to ignore me like that?

I'm apologizing

I'm sorry, can you please just...text back? Call? Something? 

Watching my phone constantly ringing and being drowned in text messages, I ignore it and get out of bed. Looking at my digital clock, I realize that it's 12:14 PM. 

So here's the backstory. Myungsoo has a huge crush on me, but... I don't feel the same way about him. We met at a party because of our mutual friends and one day he confessed his feelings to me. I told him I just wanted to be friends and he literally replied, "You mean friend-ish." 

I didn't like how he's super touchy. How every time we hung out, he would be so close to me like I was his girlfriend or something. I had no space, I felt no respect, and I still barely knew the guy! So after I told him I only wanted to be friends, he slowly stopped texting me and I felt relieved. 

Even still, I'd see on his posts on his social media and one day, probably a couple weeks after that incident, he posted a status saying: I'm not okay...

So as a friend, I sent him a text and asked what happened and if he was okay. He replied saying: You happened, but I guess I'm kinda okay. 

I was taken aback, but somehow, we continued the conversation and everything was going fine until we gave each other nicknames. My nickname was Boba because he thought I was cute and tiny. I gave him the nickname 김선수 which translates into Kim Player. 

I don't know why but then he replied: Talking like you own me hahaha

Me: Lol you should speak for yourself

Myungsoo: Lol I just did and I do own you Boba duhh

Me: Excuse me? Aha

Myungsoo: What? Yeah, you heard me lol 

Me: Yeah, I did read it and I don't appreciate it. I'm not just some property that can be owned. And I don't feel very respected. Thanks. But I'm heading to bed now. Goodnight.

From that moment on, I haven't replied to his texts, answered his calls, anything. Maybe I was overreacting, but he's just always making it seem like I'm his and that he knows me when we're not even dating and we've only known each other for a month. Maybe I've had enough. But for some reason, I feel bad for ignoring him. 

DING! Looking at my phone, I see a text from him. 

Myungsoo: Text me when you're feeling better. I'm sorry about last night, I didn't mean it like that. I don't own you, I was just joking around. I didn't think you would take it like that. I'm sorry if I disrespected you... 

After staring blankly at the message for about 5 minutes, I picked up my phone and texted him back. 

Me: Wanna grab a coffee or something?

I threw my phone back onto my bed and waited for his reply, which came instantly. 

Myungsoo: Of course!

After sending him the address, I quickly got ready and headed out. 

~~~

Arriving first, I got my coffee and waited for him to get here as I scrolled through my phone. When I heard the bell ringing at the door, I looked over to see Myungsoo enter, looking around for me. Once we made eye contact, he let out a sigh of relief and then smiled before walking over to me. 

We sat in silence for a bit before I spoke up and said, "I'm sorry. I overreacted yesterday. I just-"

"No! It was my fault! I should've-"

"Can I...finish first? Sorry, I just wanna say what I have to say to get this off my chest."

He nods understandingly and I continue, "From the moment we first met to today, there was no spark for me. Every time we hung out, you kept me close by and held onto me as if we were dating. Every time we talk and I say that I just want us to be friends, it's like you don't hear me and continue to flirt anyway. We still barely know each other because all we do is really text and you always act as if you know me when you really don't. This isn't just about the text you sent yesterday, it's about everything I've experienced when being with you. From the beginning, I treated you as a friend and nothing else. I didn't know what to say and I didn't know how to say no. That's why today, I'm telling you this."

I thought I had more to say, but the rest of my thoughts vanished. So I just sat there, looking down at the coffee in my hands. 

"As you can tell, I really like you, but that's no excuse for what I've done to you. I'm really sorry... Ever since meeting you, I've changed and I'm still learning. I want to respect you and I don't want to ever do anything like this to you ever again. We're still getting to know each other and I shouldn't have rushed anything. If it's okay with you, can we still...be friends at least?"

A small half smile cracks on my face and I nod my head. "Yeah, we can be friends. Thank you."

"No, I should be the one who's thankful." 

We both look at each other and laugh. I sigh in relief and say, "Well, it's almost time for you to be getting to work. I guess I'll see you around."

We both stand up and I hold my hand out for him to shake. "Friends?"

He smiles and takes my hand, "Friends." 

~~~

One Year Later

Ding dong

"I'm coming!" I take my apron off and head out of the kitchen to open the door. 

As soon as I open the door, I see Myungsoo with a big smile on his face, holding a cake with lit candles. He starts singing happy birthday as we both walk back inside my house. When he's finished, he says, "Make a wish!"

I giggle and say, "I already have everything that I need." Then I blow out the candles and take the cake from him to put it on the table. 

Then I feel his arms wrap around me from behind and I put my hands over his. He rests his chin on my shoulder and says, "Thank you." 

I laugh and said, "For what?"

"For making me a better man. For giving me a chance. And most of all, for letting me love you." I couldn't say anything back so he continued, "I love you ___."

I laced our fingers together and I replied, "I love you too." 

Requested by @Angeetensin

Song: Ahn Ji Yeon - Lost (Instrumental)