Baekhyun (EXO)

Baekhyun's waiting for you on campus so that you two could go get lunch together. He had two movie tickets in his hands for the new movie you really wanted to see and he smiled just at the thought of seeing you. 

"Baekhyun oppa!"

Hearing your voice, Baekhyun happily turned around, but then his smile slowly vanished when he saw that you were holding hands with your ex-boyfriend. He quickly hid the movie tickets behind his back and forced a smile as you two came closer. 

"Suho and I got back together yesterday!" She wrapped her arms around Suho's and leaned her head against his shoulder. "Is it okay if we all got lunch together?"

"Actually, I just got a call from my sunbae earlier about a project we need to work on. I was going to tell you, but it was last minute. It seems like he's really angry so you two can go on without me." 

"Are you sure?" She asked with a worried expression.

Suho spoke up, "If he's busy, let's just get lunch ourselves. You don't want his sunbae to give him a lecture for not going." 

"Ah, you're right. Sorry Baekhyun, let's all get lunch together tomorrow then!"

Suho started to walk away with her and she turned to wave a goodbye to Baekhyun. He happily smiled and waved back until she turned around and kept walking. Baekhyun pulled the two movie tickets out and sighed as he walked away.

~~~

A few days later in the men's dorm, Baekhyun was in his room lying on his bed when you called him. Baekhyun automatically stopped whatever it was that he was doing and reached for his phone on the dresser, but fell off the bed in the process. He quickly got up and answered the phone, "Hello?"

He automatically heard you crying. This wasn't new to him. Your relationship with Suho was terrible, but you two kept getting back together every time. It would break Baekhyun's heart whenever you called him crying. 

"I'll be on the rooftop, let's meet there, okay?" Baekhyun said. As soon as he hung up, he grabbed his jacket and ran out of the room. 

It was still 8 o'clock PM so he was able to leave his dorm and head over to the girl's dorms. The only thing he had to do was sneak over to the emergency staircase. Then he ran up the stairs to get to the rooftop. 

He arrived breathing heavily and slightly sweating, but he couldn't rest until he saw you. You were sitting on the couch hugging your knees as you cried. Baekhyun went to you right away and sat by you as he calmingly stroked your head. You looked up at him with tears in your eyes and that's when he saw your cheek red from a slap. 

Baekhyun automatically reached out to your face and examined the hit. "Did he do this to you?"

You turned your head away and said, "It was my fault..."

"No!" Baekhyun shouted, "It's never your fault! That bastard has problems! Why do you keep going back to him?"

"Because I love him!" you shouted. 

Baekhyun already knew the answer but hearing it made his heart drop. He bit his lip and took a deep breath before saying, "What about me?"

You looked at him confused, "What about you?"

"I love you." You froze at the shocking news but Baekhyun continued, "It kills me to see you hurt! Whenever you cry because of him, it hurts me so much! I feel like my heart's about to explode every time! Why? Because I love you!"

Baekhyun took your hands and held them. "You don't have to come to me, I'm happy enough just having you by my side. But please... leave him. You've been hurting too much and for too long. I want you to be happy. "

After a short pause, you stood up, "I-I have to get going."

Before you could even walk away, Baekhyun grabbed your wrist and pulled you in for a hug. "Sorry if I made you mad, but... if you want to keep crying, just lean on me. I'll protect you and always be on your side."

The reason why you wanted to run away wasn't because you were mad, it was because your heart started beating loudly out of nowhere. You were afraid he was going to hear it, but stayed in his arms and let everything out. 

~~~

Baekhyun hasn't heard from you in a couple of days and grew worried, but tonight he received a text from you asking to meet up. He automatically got ready and headed out. 

When he arrived at the rooftop, he saw you pacing back and forth while bitting your nails. He rushed over to you and held your shoulders as he examined you for any injuries. "Are you hurt anywhere? Are you okay?"

You were surprised but automatically broke into a smile. "I'm okay. I texted you so I could tell you something."

"What is it?" 

"I broke up with Suho." Baekhyun sighed in relief and all of sudden, he felt your arms wrapped around him. He looked down at you but you hid your face in his chest as you tightly hugged him. "Thank you, for everything. I... I want to be happy...with you."

Baekhyun's eyes grew wide and his heart started beating crazily fast. You took a deep breath and pulled away from the hug to look straight at him. "But...I need some time... I hope you understand..."

Overwhelmed with happiness, Baekhyun pulled you into his arms again and said, "Take all the time you need, I'll be here."

You smiled with a warm feeling in your chest as you hugged him back and whispered, "I know you will."

Requested by @KpopCrazy7

Song: Baekhyun - Take You Home