Taeyong (NCT)

It was my second year of college and the first day back to school. I was walking on campus with my earbuds in, looking for my first class. 

Just as I'm lost in all my thoughts about school, I hear someone shout behind me, "Look out!"

I looked up and turned around to see two guys racing on their bike heading straight towards me. I quickly (and clumsily) moved over to the other side. I avoided them just in time, but then as soon as I looked up, another guy on a skateboard was already in front of me, ready for the collision. I didn't have time to move for this one, so he ran into me and I dropped my books as we both rolled down onto the grass together.

Our heads bumped against each other when we landed so I grunted and rubbed my forehead in pain. When I opened my eyes, I saw him also rubbing his forehead. That's when I realized who it was. Taeyong. I was completely frozen, but I felt my face flush when I saw his gorgeously handsome face again.

He stopped rubbing his forehead when his eyes fell on me and we both just laid there staring at each other. His eyes were sparkling and it made my heart flutter. This moment didn't last very long because we both snapped out of it and he quickly got off of me to stand up. I sat up and awkwardly began touching my hair, making sure that there wasn't any leaves or grass. 

"A-are you okay?" He asked.
I quickly glanced up at him and looked away before saying, "Y-yeah... You?"
"Oh um, I'm okay."
"That's good..."

There was an awkward silence until he realized that I was still on the ground so he extended out his hand to me. "Let me help..."
"Oh...okay..." I slowly placed my hand on his and he helped pull me up. 
Even after standing up, we were still holding hands. His hands are always warm... I thought to myself. Then we both realized that we were still holding hands and quickly let go as we both turned away from each other. He coughed and started biting his fingernail while I looked up at the trees.

I tried thinking of something to say and said, "Umm... have you been well?"
He awkwardly scratched the back of his head and replied, "Yeah... You?"
"Yeah...me too..."

It was so awkward! I felt like dying but at the same time, I didn't want to part with him. Then he asked, "How are you and Taeil?" 
I looked at him just long enough but couldn't tell what he was thinking so I looked away again before saying, "Uhh we broke up..." Taeyong nodded his head and I asked him, "What about you and..."
"We broke up too."
I nodded my head and looked away before trying to steal a glance at him. He was doing the same so we both caught each other's eyes. Both of our eyes slightly went wide and we both looked away. 

I quickly said, "I gotta go."
"Yeah, me too."
"Bye."
"Bye."

Without looking back, I quickly walked away, but then he called my name. I bit my lip before turning around with an awkward smile and said, "Yes?"
He held up the book I dropped earlier and I mentally punched myself as I made my way back towards him. I smiled and said, "Thank you."

Before I could even run away, he said, "Can we... start over?" Surprised to hear what he just said, I slowly looked up at him and this time he didn't turn away. He continued, "I mean...if you don't want to-"
"No!" I said a little too desperately. I mentally face palmed myself when I saw him try not to smile after I said that. I stumbled over my words and said, "I mean... So what I was trying to say was...umm..."

I saw him walking towards me so I looked up at him to see him getting super close. He stood right in front of me and his hand instantly cupped the back of my neck to pull me in for a kiss. My eyes went wide open from the shock as I felt his lips against mine. His warmth and his touch were all so familiar, I missed him so much. My eyes naturally closed and our lips started moving in sync. 

When we parted, he said, "Sorry, I just..."
"I missed you too," I finished his thought for him and it made him smile. 
He lovingly looked at me and I smiled back at him. No more words were needed, we both knew exactly what we wanted at that moment and now we have it. 

Requested by @KpopCrazy7

Song: Various Artists - Hold On There (Inst.) (Sassy Go Go OST)