Chapter Fifteen: Black Heart (Part One)

*Anxiety's POV* 

I was still angry at Princey for ruining my cake. When I woke up the next morning, I found out the little twerp ate the entire thing himself! I know he's the fanciful trait but yeesh, man, show some self-control. 

In addition to my mood, my back was aching and my neck was out of whack from how I'd slept last night. I went back to sleeping in my jeans and a tee-shirt, which made my sleeping experience as awful as they used to be. I've accepted defeat at this point. I can't just go around pulling Veronica Sawyers and breaking into Princey's room. It was weird and stupid and I should never have done it in the first place. 

My sock-covered feet padded towards the kitchen as I rubbed my tired eyes. (As if that would help). I blindly reached for the milk in the fridge, but instead my hand found a metal tin of...cake batter? I pulled the dish out to inspect it and found it was indeed, vanilla cake batter. Upon further investigation, there were about seven tins filled with batter. Some for cupcakes, some for cake, some just in a large bowl. 

Are we having a bake sale? What's going on? 

A quick survey of the living room behind me gave me the answers I was looking for. Heart-shaped garlands, heart-shaped balloons, red table cloth, giant pink heart posters. Someone was throwing a Valentine's Day party...ulch. 

I scrunched my nose up in disgust at the thought of a party, one celebrating February 14th, no less. First off, parties are awful, you have to socialize with people you wouldn't give the time of day if you saw them on the street, second off, Valentine's Day is a moronic, Capitalist retail holiday, monopolized by greeting card companies and jewelers. If you aren't prepared to spend your life savings on your sweetheart, you're ostracized by society and given the faulty logic that you don't care. I mean, in my case, I really don't care. Our existence as a species is meaningless, therefore, any holidays are just pointless and we shouldn't even try. 

Just looking at all of this lovey-dovey garbage that's been littered all over my house was making me want to retch. If someone was throwing a Valentine's party in my living room, then I should add my input, give it a little pizzazz. 

I checked the time, 5:43. No one would be up yet. I had plenty of time. 

My smirk grew wider than the Grinch's as I stalked toward the cabinet, pulling the small little bottles of food dye from the box and inching my way towards all of the vats of batter. 

"You're a mean one, Mr. Anx." I sang to myself, improving upon the little ditty as I shook every last ounce of food coloring into the mixes. 

"I really am a snake." I hissed, channeling my inner Slytherin as I stirred the batter together, the dye swirling around and becoming as charcoal black as my soul. 

"I'm as friendly as a Dragon, I'm as charming as a witch, I'm Mr. Anx!" I laughed as I took a butter knife, slicing right down the heart shaped brownies that were made, making sure all the hearts were broken.

"I'm as dangerous as Experiment 626, when he had a glitch!" I sang, spinning around and admiring the damage I'd inflicted on these desserts. I smirked to myself as I squeezed in the drops of black liquid. All of these adorable cupcakes and heart shaped goodies would turn out black as night. 

I almost let out an evil laugh when another idea creeped into my mad mind. I darted into the garage with the stealth of a ninja, searching aimlessly for what I needed. "I'm awful, Mr. Anx. I have no heart, no soul." I sang, spying the top shelf where all the cans of black paint sat, just calling my name. "I am an evil genius, at only 28 years old! Mr. Anx!" I scaled the step-ladder to collect them for my evil deeds. "I've never known any gifts, just stockings full of coal!"