Marine meet Sonic and Shadow Part 8

Marine stared at Amy's red fin tail in stunned disbelief. Her new friend was a merhog.

"Marine, I can explain...I should of told you this from the beginning when we meet, but..."Amy tried to explain.

"Your a merhog?" Marine murmured.

"Um...y-y-yes." Amy replied nervously, not sure what was going to happen next. She didn't know if Marine now was scared of her or hated her.

"That. Is. Ripper!" Marine shouted cheerfully as she jumped up in excitement. "I mean wow! I'd never imagined that I get to meet a mermobian, let only have as a friend! Crickey this is coolest thing that has ever happen to me!"

Amy was surprised by Marines reaction to this. "You mean your not upset about me being a merhog?" Amy asked.

"Are you kidding me! This is the most amazing and unbelievable thing that has ever happen to me, why would I be upset? Besides Amy your my friend I would never be mad or hurt ya."

Amy was relieved to hear that, "Thank you Marine, for saying that."

Amy then smiled mischievously and dove under the water. Marine was surprised and wondered what Amy was up to, she went up to the ledge to see if she could see her. Suddenly Amy came out of the water as she grabs Marine, pulling her into the water. Marine gasp as she resurfaced, Amy came up as well with a big smile on her face.

"That was for the joke you pulled on me and now we're even." laugh Amy.

Marine laugh too, "I guess we are." The two soon began splashing each, laughing and have a good time.

Meanwhile

After successfully finding and devoured some wild pigs, Sonic and Shadow were making their way back to the meadow. "Hope Amy wasn't too bored while we were gone. I don't want her wondering off again." said Sonic.

"I'm sure she still where we left her." Reassured Shadow. As they getting closer to where the meadow was, they both heard screeching and laughter. Once they broke through the trees, they saw Amy swimming in the river, but she wasn't alone. With her was young orange and brown raccoon in the river. Both having a splash fight, laughing and enjoying themselves.

"Who is that with Amy?" Shadow asked curiously.

"Hmm...," Sonic squinted his eyes to get a better look. "I think its the little raccoon girl Amy meet yesterday when I went hunting last time." said Sonic. "I think her name is...Marine."

"Did she know that Amy was a merhog?"

"No, but I guess she does now."

They both watch Amy and the young raccoon, Marine, play around in the river a little longer before deciding to go over to the two. As they move towards the two girls, Amy notice them and ceases her splashing. Marine notice Amy had stopped and was looking at something behind her. She turned her head and became frighten, coming towards them were two nagas.

"Amy we've gotta get out of 'ere fast!" she exclaimed in fear, as she grabbed Amy's hand and tried to pull her to get away from the two nagas.

"But Marine, those two nagas are my friends." Amy explained.

Marine stopped pulling and looked at Amy with a dumbstruck expression on her face. "Their your friends?" Marine questioned, not believing what she heard.

"Well to actually, I'm only just stating to getting to know them. Sonic and I had meet yesterday, just before I meet you. And today I just got introduced to Shadow. But don't be afraid Marine, they are nice guys." Marine wasn't sure if she was right about the nagas being nice. But she decided to give the two a chance.