Mertopia Under Attack Part 21

Sorry I haven't been writing much lately, been working on some other projects lately as well as figure out how I wanted to write this chapter. I decided to make this story just a bit more interesting. Hope you like it.

The group of friends soon arrived back to Seagull beach of Southern Island just as the sun was just setting. Once they secured the Wave Cyclone to the docks, they headed into Windmill village. Now that they have all the necessary materials they need, it was time to draw up the blueprints and start building their sailboat. Marine was bubbling with excitement that they were going to finally build a sailboat that will allow them to venture the ocean much farther out than their current boat can.

"I can't believe that we're going make a sailboat! Bonza! This is going be great!" Marine squealed excitedly.

"Hold on Marine. We first need to make the blueprints on how we want shape and build the sailboat to be with the right measurements and calculations." Tails informed her.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I just can't wait till we build the sailboat! It's going be fun." she said, not phased by his words.

"Most definitely." Sonic agreed.

They came to the village and went straight for the same ship office building with the charters, navigate tools of sorts. Tails started to drawing the blueprints, calculating all the number of the different spaces, shapes and sizes of every little detail of the sailboat. Once he was done, he check the map of the island to see where large sailing vessels would be docked and launch from, feeling that Seagull beach would not be a good spot to have dock their new larger vessel when it was finished. He found what he was looking for and wrote down the location. After some more chatting Tails left followed by Marine. The 4 hedgehogs starting heading to the beach to head towards their homes. When the reached the water, Sonic asked Amy if she and Maria would like him and Shadow to escort them home, just to make sure they made it home okay. Amy said yes and Sonic was happy to stay close with her a little longer, since most of today he didn't get to. Shadow on the other hand was not too thrilled that Sonic just volunteered him too, especially since he kept feeling strange unknown emotions he couldn't figure out when he was really close to Maria. Though he didn't know it Maria also felt some strange unknown feelings stirring inside herself every time she was close to Shadow. They transformed into their true forms and started head for Mertopia. However, they were all in for a horrible sight when Mertopia came into view.

The barrier that had always surrounded and protected it, was gone. The city was under attack by the one thing that every mermaid, merman, and mermobian has feared ever returning, the nomadic nagas clans. There was hundreds or more attack the city, killing and/or kidnapping any citizen they pleased; men, women, or children, it matter not to them. For which ever cross their path would be doomed either way, but they were not alone in this attack. For attack the city along side the nagas were mechanical robots, that were nearly identical to the ones on the mechanical island, but these ones were aggressive and violent. Their metal bodies looked to be more strongly dense, the weapons they wield were more deadlier. Amy and Maria horrified, disbelieving what eyes were seeing that without thinking both merhogs rushed forward to help save and protect any of one they can.

"Wait stop! It's too dangerous." Sonic and Shadow shouted to them, but the girls pay no heed and kept swimming forward.

Sonic and Shadow hastily rushed after the two, hoping to stop them before they got hurt. Once in the city it became difficult for the boys to follow them. Citizens, young and old, were screaming and swimming around in terror trying to get to somewhere safe, others fought off the attackers, buildings being demolished or collapsed from the attacks they took. It was pure chaos, but Sonic and Shadow did well enough to keep the girls in their sights and maneuver through all those obstacles thrown their way. They nearly reach out to stop them, when a robot slammed into both of them, throw back by one of the guards. Both Shadow and Sonic fell to the ground, dazed from the impact they took, but they shook it off quickly. Unfortunately not quickly enough, as Amy and Maria were nowhere to be seen.