The Island of Machine Part 18

After the group arrived to Marine's home, Sonic knocked on the door and Marine open the door.

"Hey guys, ya ready-" Marine stopped when she notices a blonde hedgehog in Shadow's arms wrapped in a sheet. "Uh, mind tell me why there's a blonde hedgehog in Shadow's arms? And why she is wrapped up in a sheet?"

"We'll tell you after you help us get some clothes for her first." said Shadow.

"Oh, sure mate. Come on in." she stepped aside to let all four hedgehogs in. "Take a seat and make yourselves comfortable. I'll look to see if I have any clothes that might fit your friend." she went into her mom's old room to find some clothes. Sonic and Amy sat on the love seat couch while Shadow, with Maria still in his arms, sat on a single chair. Maria felt a little uncomfortable and was she could ask if he could set her down, when Marine came back with some blue clothing.

"'Ere we go, these oughta to fit you." said Marine handing Maria the clothes.

"Uh, thank you." replied Maria taking them. Then she tried to stand up and walk to a different room to put on the clothes. Of course she was still a little wobbly, but with a more stable surface she got the hang of it quickly before anyone had to help her. As she went into the other room, Marine turned to the others.

"Okay guys, now are ya going to tell what's going on 'ere, and who that new sheila is?" she asked the three.

Shadow and Sonic looked to Amy, gesturing her to explained everything to Marine. Amy nodded understanding. "Well it's like this Marine..."

After a few minutes Amy finished, Marine was surprised but also extremely pleased. "Ripper! This is great, we have another person joining the crew of the Great Captain Marine!" she shouted with glee.

Amy laughed at Marines enthusiasm, Sonic and Shadow on the other hand sweat dropped. Before they could say anything else, the door open to the other room and Maria walked out fully clothed. She now wearing a blue and white flounce top and a blue flounce skort, on her feet were blue boots with a white line down the middle, that are like the ones Amy. Maria blushed as the others turn to her, "H-how do I look?"

"You amazing in those clothes, Maria." Amy complimented her getting up and walked over to her.

"I agree with Amy, ya look great in those." agreed Sonic agreed, giving her a thumbs up.

Shadow nodded. "Yes, you look lovely." He gave her a wink where only she saw it and not the others. Making her blushed a little more, thankfully the since her cheeks were already flushed, so it blended in with the other.

"Okay mateys, now that Maria is all clothed, let's get over to seagull beach. Tails is probably wondering where we are by now." said Marine, all them agreed. Soon they all left Marine's house and started heading for the beach, on the way Marine fully introduce herself to Maria and Maria did the same. It took them 5 minutes before they reached Seagull beach, Tail's was already seeming to be tinkering with something by the shack.

"Yo Tails!" Sonic shouted getting his attention.

"Oh, hey guys. I was wondering if you were going to show up or not." Tails notice saw Maria amongst the group. "Who the blonde hedgehog with you guys."

After explaining everything to Tails had somewhat of the same reaction like Marine. "Wow, well it's nice to meet you Maria. I'm Miles 'Tails' Prowler, but you can call me Tails. It's great that your joining us on this adventure to explore the mechanical island we're gonna to." said Tails.

"Me too. Although I'm a little nervous about going. There's no telling what's going to be waiting for us when we get there."

"Oh she'll be apples mate, everything will be all right. Besides if there was any danger I'll handle it." Boasted Marine with a confident smile. The others sweat dropped, feeling that Marine being a bit too presumptuous in herself and her abilities. "Anyway let's get going before we waste the day away."