The Race Part 26

After the Wave Cyclone and Black Wind (Shadow's water bike) were in the water, Johnny lead both male hedgehogs to the starting line of the race course, that he had already set up. The starting line was between 2 buoy post, all three men took their positions. The rest of the gang watched from the Ocean Tornado, cheering on their friends.

"You can do it mates! Show that bloke what for!" Marine cheered on the blue and black hedgehogs.

"Do your best you guys." Shouted Amy

"You guys be careful okay." caution Maria.

"You guys are going to be awesome." exclaimed Tails.

"Thanks guys, me and Shadow got this." Sonic said confidently.

"Faker, we don't know if Johnny is going to run a clean race. We need to keep our guard up." Shadow warned him.

Sonic was about to reply, when Johnny interjected. "Hey hedgehogs, there's one thing nearly I forgot to mention to ya." He said with a sly grin on his face.

"Oh and what's that?" asked Sonic warily. Shadow was also wary, he had a bad feeling that whatever it was, wasn't anything good.

"Well it's nothing too big, it's just I don't race without something being wagered. I just want to set the terms on whats gotta be handed over to the winner of the race. After all, the best should always get a prize, right. If either of you are able to beat me, I'll give you a special item that...a high associate of mine, had given to me to holding onto."

Shadow glare at Johnny with an uneasy feeling. "What happens of we lose? What do we give you if you win?" asked Shadow.

"Hmm, how about those two lovely hedgehog girls." Johnny bargain.

"WHAT!" Both Sonic and Shadow as well as Amy and Maria shouted in disbelief of what the robot wanted. While Tails and Marine were disgusted by this bargain.

"There is no way in hell I would wager any of my friends as prizes like they were some objects! You can count me out of this race!" yelled Sonic angrily.

"Agreed! I too would never treat my friends in such a way!" exclaimed Shadow.

"Aww, so you both wanna chicken out because of a little wager. Well too bad, you two had already agreed to race me. So if you both back out now, then I automatically win and take those two girls by default. Unless you two race me and win."

Sonic and Shadow couldn't believe it, this conniving robot had put them in a spot. If they race and lose, then Amy and Maria would belong to Johnny. If they refused to race, they automatically lose and the girls still get taken by Johnny. There was no other choice, they have to race despite risk of what will happen should they lose and hope to come out victorious.

"Alright, we'll race you." Both hedgehogs agreed begrudgingly.

"Good, now let's get to racing." Johnny got into position.

Shadow and Sonic did the same as well. Everyone watched with anxiety, not sure what all awaited the blue and black hedgehogs on race course or what kind tricks Johnny may have up his sleeves.

Johnny started the count down. "Alright, on your mark, get set, Go!"

All three took off. Johnny had a bit of a led as he zoomed through the water, but was soon pass by both hedgehogs. They whipped pass him, but Johnny was not going to let them make him look like a chump so easily. After all, the race had only begun and the course itself was full of surprises. The race course he had set up was close to a large shallow that was in this part of the ocean. There were small sandbars spread about the place as well as rocks. Besides the natural obstacles on the course, there were explosive mines along the race course he had place to add more challenges to the race. The mines weren't powerful to be deadly, but they could still do some damage and slow down anyone who hit them. Of course, Johnny had set up another interesting and dangerous way to get past most of these different obstacles, and that was in a form of ramps. The ramps weren't just for jumping over the dangers and doing cool and incredible tricks. They also enable them to create and generate energy that will fill their booster gauges so they could go even faster.