Battling the Wreaker part 20

Sorry if the fight sence is not that exciting, I tried my best to write it. Anyway hope you like it.

Sonic and Shadow stopped once they reached the large arena like platform the mechanical menace hovered above. They made sure to watch out and avoid the robot's small but dangerous green wrecking ball that rotated around the arena at a fast pace. Especially when they took quick notice that the wrecking ball become a mace every 3 minutes before going back to it's smooth appearance.

"This guy doesn't look so tough." remark Sonic cockily. He and Shadow observing the robot while easily ducked it's wrecking ball.

"Don't get cocky Faker, we don't know what it's fully capable of, it would be foolish to let our guard down. Beside, this thing does have slight advantage on us." said Shadow.

"And what's that?" asked Sonic ducking again to avoid getting hit.

"How about that fact it's floating high above us, with no other higher platforms around us to help to get to it to even do some damage. Not to mention the platform we're standing on and where it position itself high above has very limited space for us to even use our true speed." stated Shadow.

"Even so, I still don't think it's that tough. Besides it looks like it's only weapon that it can use, is that wrecking ball." said Sonic not the slightest concerned about the disadvantage they have.

Though Shadow hated to admitted, he had to agree a little with Sonic. Unlike the T-Rex, which was able to use it's size and strength to overwhelm it's opponents. This thing looked to just hover high above it's opponents and try to hit them with a wrecking ball/ mace at fast speed. However, he wasn't going to let his guard down, for this bot may have a trick up it's hard drive. They both continue to duck the wrecking ball trying to figure out how they were going to deal some damage to the bot. When Shadow had an idea, maybe they can use it's own wrecking ball/mace against it.

"Hey Sonic I got an idea." said Shadow.

"I'm all ears Shadow. What's your idea?" Sonic asked, ducking again.

"The plan is simple, all we have to do is use the bot's own wrecking ball against it. We hit it hard and fast enough time, it's own weapon will bring itself down."

"Sounds like a good plan to me, let's do it."

Sonic and Shadow got themselves ready when the wrecking ball came their way again. It was in mace form now, but within a few seconds it would be perfect to ram into it. When it got close enough to them the spikes retracted and the two quickly dashed forward at it. They spin dash into it, hitting the wreaking ball with enough force that it swung up and hit the top of the robot's head. The robot shook a bit, but it was still floating in the air and the wreaking ball went back down to the platform, swinging wildly as it did. Shadow and Sonic both evaded the wrecking ball as it swung wildly their way. Once it was stable again the boys did the same thing again at least a few times. Just when they had the upper hand the unexpected happened. The robot bottom seem to disconnect itself from the crane that swung the wrecking ball. Before the two males could figure out what was happening the disconnected part slammed down hard and fast to the ground. Luckily they didn't get crushed by it, but they couldn't avoid the shockwave aftermath. The shockwave flung both of them back and nearly off the platform's edge. Sonic was the first to recover and slowly got back up. Then saw not only the bottom part reattach itself to it's original place, but the mechanical menace had now attached another more bigger yellow wrecking ball than the first one out of nowhere. It started rotating around the platform at a slight low speed. This made things it a little more dangerous now that there were two. Shadow recovered quickly and saw the new addition to the bot and went over to Sonic.