Marine's boat Part 10

Amy, Sonic, and Shadow soon arrived at Marine's house. Making sure no was around they approached the door and knocked. In a few minutes Marine opened the door. She became ecstatic when she saw who was at the door. "Amy, Sonic, and Shadow, G'day!"

"Hi Marine." Amy smiled.

"What brings you all 'ere?" Marine asked exiting her home.

"We wanted to visit you. We want to check out this boat you were bragging about yesterday." said Sonic.

"Well your in luck mates. It just so 'appens that I'm on me way to go work on it now." she replied. Then she started off towards the direction of the beach, "C'mon, follow me. I'll take ya to where I building me boat." The others followed after her. 10 minutes or so later, they came to the beach area come from. Marine then started leading them along the beach until they came to a small shack and dock that looked to be in a ruff shape. "'Ere we are mates this 'ere is Seagull beach, I named it that cause of all the heaps of seagulls round 'ere and it's where I work on me ship." Marine boasted proudly.

"Is that shack where you keep your boat?" Amy asked the young raccoon.

"'Right. This 'ere is my work shack as well as me boat house." explain Marine. "You guys wait there. I'll go and bring it out on the water so you can see my boat in action." she went inside the boat house.

Amy, Shadow, and Sonic moved closer to the dock. They waited for Marine to come out with her boat. As they did they began to hear a lot of noise coming from the shack. The another door that was in front of the water open and Marine came through it riding on a strange looking watercraft that Amy had never seen. "Well mates what do you think she a beauty ain't she." Marine proudly boasted.

Amy didn't know what to say. The boat didn't look anything close to what she at home. Then again, she'd seen on the bottom of boats. This was practically the first boat she'd ever saw up close.

"Wow Marine, that's actually impressive. You built your own Jet-ski." said Sonic, amazed at the young raccoon.

Amy turn to him with a confused look, "jet-ski?" Amy inquired.

"It's a personal watercraft used mainly for recreation. It can typically carry up to three people in configuration like a typical bicycle or motorcycle." He explained.

"Wow, that does sound amazing. Thanks for explaining it." she smile, appreciated that his help.

"No problem." he replied blushing from being praised. Shadow notice this and quietly chuckled to himself. He then turned his attention to Marines ship.

"So Marine you actually built this yourself?" inquired Shadow. Not fully convinced that the child could build a complex piece of machinery all by her lonesome.

"That'd be right. I built her from scratch I did, I call it the SS.Marine." Marine bragged proudly.

Shadow took a closer look at the watercraft. He notice that there were a few parts that didn't quite right. In fact it look to be unstable.

"Now I'm going to give her a go. So stand back you guys." Marine cautioned them as she started up the engine.

"Marine hold on a sec!" Shadow tried to warn her, but Marine was already took off. At first it looked like everything was okay, but after a few minute things started to haywire.

"Whoa! Yickes!" Marine shouted as she had difficulty trying to keep control of her boat.

"Hey can't you keep that thing straight?" Sonic called out to her.

"No worries mates! Really! I've got everything under control 'ere!" Marine called back to the others. "Holy Dooley! Come on Marine! I'm the one who built you! Stop being so stubborn!" she shouted at the boat.