Chapter 9 - Prince Playboy

"You own a lake?"

You looked at the sparkling water in front of you. The castle grounds were large, but you didn't realize just how large until you saw the private lake.

"We own a few odd things around here," Taehyung said, shrugging.

Sure. A castle. A vineyard. A lake. Area 51 and Disneyland were probably around here somewhere too.

"Why are we here again?"

"Jimin asked to meet here."

You raised an eyebrow.

"Don't worry," Taehyung said."I'll stay to make sure he behaves."

"That's not likely," a voice interjected.

You both turned to see Jimin, wearing swim shorts and a white tshirt, sporting ruffled hair.  He barely looked like a prince. You know,except for the handsome part.

He looked you over. "You'll be really uncomfortable if you get those jeans wet."

"Why are we meeting here?" you asked him.

"Because it's beautiful." he smiled and stepped towards you. "And I love things that are beautiful."

You blushed.

Taehyung snickered. "Jimin's love of beauty has no bounds."

"And why should it?" Jimin replied. "Beauty in life should be pursued. Whether it's scenery, poetry, or –" he stopped to look at you. "-a lovely woman."

Ugh. He was so good at that. You didn't want to fall for it... But it was hard.

"Shall we then?" Jimin asked,holding out his hand.

"Shall we what?"

"Take the boat out."

You looked at the lake. There was  a speed boat docked on the water. You shuddered.

"Umm..."

"Come on. Let's go. It'll be fun. You coming, Tae?"

Taehyung scowled. "You know I get seasick."

Jimin gave a mischievous smirk. "Do you? That slipped my mind."

"I bet it did."

Before you could say anything, Jimin grabbed your hand and dragged you to the boat. He hopped down from the dock onto the boat, then turned and held out his hand for you to join him. You swallowed, gripped onto the post next to you, and slowly reached out. He pulled you in, and you almost fell in face first. The boat rocked when you fell in. You screamed and gripped onto Jimin. He laughed.

"I haven't even started the boat yet. Come on."

He went to the front and turned it on.

"Don't we have life vests?" you asked.

He smiled and shook his head. "We don't need those. Not unless you can't swim or something."

You opened your mouth to say something, but before you could, Jimin hit the gas. You gripped the seat. He sped until he reached the middle of the lake and stopped. You were still gripping the chair as he stood to go to the back.

Okay, that wasn't so bad...

"Let's get started with our lesson." he said.

You turned around to see a picnic basket, wine glasses and a bottle of champagne. He popped the cork and poured you a glass. You stood up, keeping low to the boat, and walked over to the bench next to him.

"Is the lesson on how to get drunk on a boat?"

"Nope. I'm saving that for the final."

He caught your scowl.

"I'm kidding," he said, handing you the glass. "My job is to teach you about social customs. As a princess, you'll have a lot of scenarios where you'll be drinking with someone you don't really know. So..."

He poured himself a glass and raised it to yours. The glass clinked.

"...let's see how you do."

~~~~~~~

You and Jimin had spent the better part of the afternoon talking. He was witty and charming on a professional level. His flirting was shameless and boundless. He was definitely a prince. The Playboy Prince.

"I never really understood the phrase, 'Girl in every port' until I met you, Jimin."

He chuckled. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"It wasn't, really."

"Nevertheless, I'll take it how I want."

It was probably just the buzz of the alcohol, but you wanted to torment him a little. "Are your plans are to be a playboy until the day you die?"

He looked down as his drink, more bitter than sweet. "Believe it or not, I actually want to get married."

"Yeah? How many times?"

"Once," he said, a hint of annoyance in his voice. "But I don't want just any marriage. I want what my parents have."

He stared off into the horizon. "When I was a kid, I thought their flirting and playful banter was gross and revolting... but as I got older, I realized that it's rare and beautiful relationship."

You stared at him, not sure what to say. 

"I don't want anything less than that." he said. "I don't want to leave any stone unturned until I find a woman I can love for a lifetime."

His eyes shifted over to meet yours. You didn't look away. You sat there, mesmerized, watching his eyes as they reflected with light that was bouncing off the water. A smile crept across his lips, and it made you too nervous to hold the eye contact any longer. You felt your face get hot. You hoped he couldn't see it.

"Anyways, we should go back to shore." he said, standing. "Any longer out here and you'll burn your fragile skin."

He was quick to jump up and head to the front of the boat. You started to put the left over dishes back in the basket, not paying attention when he turned the key over. You stood as soon as he hit the gas pedal, and went straight over the side.