Chapter 24 - Meet the Messenger

You couldn't run this time.

That left one other option.

You elbowed him in the gut. When he doubled over, you shoved another elbow in his face. You didn't turn back to look at him. You just ran, weaving through the crowds of people.

"Yoongi!" you cried, not sure which way you were going. "Yoongi!"

You turned the corner, slamming into a high school girl and spilling her soda. Both of you hit the ground. There wasn't time for an apology. Ignoring her angry comments, you bounced back up and kept running.

Another sharp turn led you to the back of a closed ride. Nothing was there but a wooden fence. You turned to take another way out, but three guys blocked your path. They spread out to keep you from getting past. You didn't recognize any of them, but they recognized you.

"Stubborn little thing, aren't you?"the middle one said, crossing his arms. It was the same voice you had heard twice all ready.

You looked him over. Bleached hair, dark eyes, high cheekbones, and a crazy amount of arm muscles. You didn't know him. You'd never seen him before.

"Who are you?"

He smiled. "Just a messenger."

"You said that before." youreplied. "Who sent you? What the hell do you want?"

He clicked his tongue. "Such bad language for a little princess. Right, guys?"

The two other started to circle you. You stepped back to keep them both in your sight as much as possible.

Get ready.

"Why don't you just go back to being a nice little nobody, hmmm?" he continued. "Or else me and my boys are going to keep coming for you. Over and over again..."

You shifted your eyes between all three of them.

No more of this.

"Come at me and see what happens." you said.

He laughed, almost sounding impressed. "If you want it that way, sweetie. So be it."

He waved his hand forward.

The one on the left leaped towards you first. You stepped back as he flew at you, grabbing him by the neck and shoving him into the one on the right before he could join in. The one in front started to charge. You kicked him in the chest, sending him flying back. You dashed forward, only to be yanked back by one of the men behind you. You spun and freed your wrists, returning with a counter strike to his chest.

The one that attacked you first came up from behind and grabbed you in a bear hug. You panicked for a moment, squirming. You jammed his foot with your heel, then sent another elbow into face. You turned into him and kicked him in the groin.

Pain hit your shoulder and neck, and the impact sent you sprawling onto the gravel. A boot hit hard into your shoulder. Yelping in pain, you turned and looked up to see the man you had kicked in the chest. His bleach hair glowed in the festival lights, a ragged plank of wood in his hand.

"You're going to regret this." he said, coming towards you.

Before you could do anything, a figure jumped in and punched him across the face. He stumbled to the side.

Yoongi.

The two behind you came forward, trying to come at Yoongi from both sides. He took a punch to the gut, but came up to counter with jab. He followed with a cross powerful enough to knock his attacker out.

"Look out!"

You jumped to your feet, and slammed into the guy coming at Yoongi from behind. He stumbled back, but grabbed you in the process. He slapped you hard across the face, causing you to lose your balance. He grunted as Yoongi grabbed him and kneed him in the gut. The guy grabbed Yoongi around the waist and sent him to the ground.

"Yoongi!"

You reached down to help him, but someone grabbed both your arms and yanked you back.

"Nuh-uh, princess. You leave your boyfriend here and come with me. I have a job to finish."

Job?

The bone of his arm struck your throat as he came up behind and choked you, pulling you back into the crowd. You reached back and scratched his face. He dropped his hands for a moment, and you turned to kick him in the groin. With one last punch to the face, you tore away and went after Yoongi.

Yoongi threw his assailant off and kicked out his knee. The guy stumbled over, giving Yoongi enough time to flip him over and punch him repeatedly in the face. When his assailant curled up in pain, Yoongi reached out and grabbed your hand.

"Book it!"

You ran out of the festival and towards the parking lot. You could never sprint that long during training, but you could do it now. Yoongi held your hand tight, rushing to the car and shoving you inside. He turned over his key, then tore out of the driveway, almost hitting pedestrians in the process.

You couldn't catch your breath. Terror ripped through your chest, throat, and head.

"Yoongi, they knew who I was." you cried, trying not to full-out sob. "They knew who I was."

"It's okay now." he said, holding your hand tight. "I have you. It's all right."

You looked at his face. Blood was trickling out of his lip and nose. His shirt was ripped up and covered in dirt and gravel.

"You're bleeding." you said, wiping away the blood from his face with your free hand.

He smiled. "It's okay. As long as you're okay, I can bleed a little."

You held tight to his hand, leaning your forehead against his shoulder as you tried to steady your breath.

You now saw who was out to get you. But who were they? And why were they after you?

___________________________________________

A/N: Jackson Wang. Because why not? 

Nothing but love to Got7, though. They were lit at KCon.

__________________________________________