Jerome Valeska [Curse]

Request: "Jerome Valeaska has come back to life and you being one of his followers wish to be at his side when. He turns Gotham on it's head"

A/N: I don't care what anyone says, Suicide Squad was aesthetically pleasing af

-

He was a curse.

Before he had died, you started going to meetings and parties that celebrated his honor, each one had similar characteristic: the games, the chaotic carnival like dream, the occasional chance of eating a cupcake that was drenched in rat poison. Yet, Jerome barley, if ever, showed up to any. Considering the charlatans you couldn't blame him.

But one day, you did meet him. In the mist of scattering GCPD officers detaining anarchist while Innocents attempted to walk down the block to safety. You sat on the floor of a once beautiful hall, you could look up at the dome ceiling and couldn't see the stars, only the light of fire and police lights from either their helicopters or cruisers. The hall was now used for anarchist meet ups and drastic carnivals.

He dressed in charcoal, bloodied bandages wrapped around his head, his dress shoes echoing as he stepped around you. You could feel him smiling down onto you.

"Are you the devil?" You asked him, not believing he was actually walking let alone breathing. He meekly shrugged, he seemed calm compared to how he seemed on television.

"Maybe." He answered. Circling you, you didn't know what he was thinking, what he was planning then he stopped and knelt. "I remember you." He paused, remembering the faded memories, nodding. "Yeah, you worked for me." He pulled you up to stand.

"And for no one else." You breathed out, as if you had been suffocating and chuckled. "Let me be by your side again." You practically begged.

"No, no no." He began and chuckled. "You were obsessed. You'll get in my way."

"Let me -... I promise I won't hurt you!"

"You're​ crazier than I was." He held you by your arms to make sure you kept you distance.

"You need me." You stated. "I can get you Dwight."

He let go of you and gestured his arm to allow you to go first. "He'll be perfect for my big welcoming." He murmured. "And my face."