King Shark

“Reader is a famous surfer whose latest gig is interrupted by King Shark, who takes them as a hostage.”

Requested on Tumblr

--
When you first started surfing you hadn't believed you had really made it to the big leagues. The pictures, the constant ask for autographs, being asked for interviews.

Yet here you were, standing in the white sand, waving at your family and the rest of the audience behind you with the other competitors. You looked to the other competitors, mouthing each other good conscious.

After the announcer called the competitors names, where they're from, what team they represented, soon you and the others got on your boards and began paddling farther and farther away from the shore, you all waited for the right wave to come in. You shield your eyes from the blinding sun and you saw something in the water.

Well, you believed you saw something, too big to be a shark. It was swimming around each unsuspecting competitor. "Did you see that?" You questioned one, continuing to look at the sea.

"Don't try to distract -" and less than a second they sunk along with their board. They didn't even get the chance to call for help let alone let out a scream. You saw the water changing to red and your thoughts began to wander, you had half the mind to dive in the save them. "Oh, fuck that.." you began to turn you board to make it back to the shore but the monster had already grabbed you too.

You were grabbing upwards, feeling helpless as the sun became dim, the cold surrounding you, and the water filling your lungs. You couldn't see anymore and everything was getting darker as you were pulled deeper. To your surprise you weren't dead.

There was a dripping sound, a few growls and stomps, a tearing sound. Your groggy eyes slowly opened to see a puddle of blood below you, a rat scampering around before going about it's business. You looked around, other surfers with their arms upward, their torsos gutted, blood either spilling out of them or covering them. The world was upside down.

You glanced "down" to find your feet tied up to the "floor". You look back "up" to see the monster suddenly amongst you and the hung up surfers, he paid no attention to you and walked past you. You could hear cracking, snapping, you felt something wet splatter on your back. The monster pushed aside a hung surfer corpse, dragging one behind him creating a trail of blood from a corpse missing their lower half as it went into another room.

Finally able to let out a breath, the whole place was a cannibalistic butcher joint. Dimly lit, rusting walls and floors, garbage lying in the corners, you questioned the bloodied meat sacks of meat yet you'd rather not think of it. The smell of mold made it worst.

You look at each surfer and spotted something  glimmer in them: large shard of glass. You took advantage of the monsters absence and began to swing forward, slowly, trying to reach out to it. Your arms struggled until you grabbed the shard, ignoring the wet blood that came with it, you pulled yourself up to cut the rope. "Don't even think about it."

You hadn't heard the growl and hardened stomps, to busy trying to grab the shard to notice your surroundings. "Are you gonna kill me?" You huffed out.

"No."

"Eat…me." You shook.

"Maybe." He stomped  around you. "But someone wants you and I want what my pay. Consider this a warning." He stopped behind you.

"What--" you let out a scream, the burning feeling. Though no blood was spilled, you arm was good as twisted. The pain almost caused you to drop the shard instead you instinctively swung and cut the monster.