Chapter 1

WARNING; this story contains

-zombies (WALKERS)

-graphic details

-cussing

-spoilers from season 3 and 4

-- (I know this chapter doesn't have much to do with the walking dead characters but it is the introduction chapter so keep reading to get into the characters!)

ENJOY READING! :D

.

.

.

.

Almost Broken

Chapter 1

What am I doing here? In this world?This life that's no longer worth living?

I look around my old house, the wood floors now with a blanket of dust. The white walls, now splattered with dark, gruesome, dried blood, not being mine or my family's... meaning since I've left, there were other people here...

Now, whether they were murdered, suicidal, or ripped apart, I'll never know.

Lately I've been wondering whether suicide would be a good choice, and right now, by myself, I'm thinking this excruciating silence is not worth my time.

The grace of God, the miracle of not being alone all the time, the constant moving place to place, not being afraid for my life every second of everyday - doesn't seem to be a bad idea at this point in time. I also catch myself wondering if there is a God? Is there life after death? Besides turning into one of those things.

I look around at everything in the house, this one story farm house out in the middle of nowhere.

Why did I come back here? Did I want to come back one more time, to the place I spent 14 years of my life at before the world went to shit?

It's been a year... A whole year.

3 months with my family before they were... I don't even know what they are- and the other 9 months going place to place, with 2 groups before they all died.

Both times, a herd came through, killed most of them, and the remaining people split, leaving me by myself- again.

The past 5 months on my own. I've seen a couple of people along the way, but I think it's best to stay hidden. If I find another group... I'll become attached, then completely destroyed when they die or they leave.

I can't keep getting tangled up with people and... Feelings.

I need to shut it down. Shut down my emotion - staying fearless is what is going to keep me alive and I need that more than anything.

Now, What I'm living for? I haven't quite figured that out yet, but until then, it's best I keep to myself.

I look around the house, for food, silent weapons, anything really. I dropped my knives a couple towns back running from the fleshies.

That's what I call them... The dead people that is.

It sounds childish, but what else to call them? Their flesh is torn off, they tear off our flesh, so it goes both ways really.

Amongst my ruffling through the cupboards, pantries, and even the bathrooms for whatever reason, the place was wiped clean of food.

I sighed. "Shit." I mumbled to myself. I look out the kitchen window into the backyard. About 6 or 7 fleshies were roaming around, coming towards the house.

"That's my Que.." I mumble to myself again. I lean down and grab my bag, and go back through the kitchen. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a knife.

It's not a hunting knife like I need, just a thick cutting knife, but it will work for now.

I grab the knife and slip out of the front door, leaving my house for what I hope to be the last time.